Hero Café | chapter 5

You've been working at Hero Café for two weeks now, and it fucking sucks.

Well, not entirely. Ochaco, Deku and sometimes Iida come in almost every day, with the first being your most frequent visitor. Your brother and his friends only take shifts when you're at school, and you're kind of forced to come and work until seven when the café closes since Arata doesn't let you have a house key and none of the windows open from the outside. So you basically go straight from school to work every day, with the only highlight being playing the most random shit over the loudspeakers to see people's reactions and your new maybe-friends.

At this point, you're just waiting for at least Ochaco to arrive. No customers have appeared for over half an hour now and even pissing your brother off by blasting Baby Shark over and over is getting boring. When she finally walks in, she isn't alone, but her company is neither Deku nor Robot Boi (who you now know is called Iida).

It's an army of really hot girls.

Well, you can't see one of them since she's just floating clothes but still.

Holy shit.

"Oh wow, we're the only ones here," Ochaco says, looking around, "Everyone, this is Y/n~!"

Most of them wave or call greetings, but the pink one just stares at you. You stare evenly back, until she abruptly speaks up, jabbing a finger in your direction.

"Is there anything better than pussy?"

"Yes, a really good book-"

"I love them," she announces.

You slap your hand over your heart. "uwu."

Pinky laughs and bounces up to the counter, Ochaco on her heels and the rest following along, looking around at the interior of the café. Baby Shark's still playing, which you should probably change. Oh well. You lean lazily on the counter, chin in your palms as she grins at you.

"Hiya! I'm Ashido Mina, and I want your number."

"Smooth Pinky, smooth," you say, sticking your tongue out at her. "Lemme think about it~."

"Dang. Fiiiiine."

The other girls take the chance to introduce themselves, and you're soon busy attempting to do all their orders simultaneously. Yaoyorozu - wait no, she said you can call her Momo - eventually takes pity on you and hops the counter with surprising grace for, well, hopping the counter. She's taller than you and can actually reach the cupboards, and with her help you're done much faster than usual. Oh, how you wish your brother wasn't such an ass so you could have helpful co-workers. You grab the piece of scrap with your number on it from the other day and stick it on Mina's plate, before helping Momo carry the stuff over to her friends. They all chime a thank you and force you to sit down with them. You aren't complaining.

You end up in a debate with Kyouka - or Jirou - over Bohemian Rhapsody's godliness, which, of course, leads to the lot of you barring Momo screaming along to it in some cursed form of karaoke. Your brother appears at some point, probably to scream at you, but as soon as he spots customers he's gone again. Bitch.

Anywho.

When they finally decide it's time to leave, you get hugs from literally all of them, as well as promises to come back soon. You can't believe you survived so long in their glorious presences, but here you are. In short, you're the sole reason your brother's café is getting loyal customers.

Yeah, he better be fucking grateful.