Theory: THE CAT SPIRIT

Alright, I'm back at it again with another theory! (Hopefully this one won't be as horrible as the last one. That would be nice, wouldn't it?)

This time, it's the cat spirit. You know, the one that we always see practically attached to Kody one way or another, always making some sort of contact with the witch.

This theory is an old one I've had since the whole hospital thing after the alley incident, so hopefully it'll make sense since I have more evidence.

So let's get started, shall we?

The cat spirit, who/what the cat spirit is, what happened to the cat spirit, and the reason Kody keeps him around.

So it's probably a normal thing for witches to have spirits around, right?

Especially evil spirits. But those can be removed, and things are fine after.

Well, that's fine, unless you aren't willing to get rid of the evil spirit that follows you around. Then you'll have a problem on your hands.

Kody, one of my favorite witches in the Lumine series, has an evil cat spirit following him around. And as far as we can tell, he refuses to get rid of it.

And I hate to break it to you guys, but I'm afraid it isn't because he's okay with dying, or playing with death.

In episode 4, we see the cat spirit for the very first time. Kody is hiding in the attic, as he does several times throughout the comic. He's reading a book, and the cat spirit appears around the back of his neck and on his shoulders. Kody seems unfazed, as if this is a normal thing for them. And, after a few episodes, we figure out that it is.

In episode 6, Aiden tries to make a deal with his son, to either accept Lumine as his bodyguard or get rid of the cat spirit. Kody glares at his dad as he talks, the cat spirit appearing again. At the thought of having to get rid of the spirit, Kody shows very clear signs of anger and frustration, launching the book he was reading at his dad, refusing to do either option.

In that episode, he really didn't want to get rid of the cat spirit. Kody was so protective of it that the risk of losing it terrified him.

In episode 9, the cat spirit is on the table near Kody, and Lumine sees. He watches Kody ignore it, acting as if he can't see it.

After Lumine leaves, he sighs and finally acknowledges it, holding his hand up in a position the spirit would rub against it, and it does. It also purrs, which we all know means that a cat is happy and/or comfortable.

Episode 31, Kody has a pretty strange dream. The things that we're going to take from it is the cat in the dream, and the blood on his hands.

The cat looks an awfully lot like Billy, the stray cat Aiden let Kody take in. It probably is, but that must have nothing to do with the cat spirit, right?