when the past catches you

"Alfie wants cake" I could hear the little boy screaming when he and his mums crossed the road. They looked annoyed and tired. "Gosh Alfie. We are a few metres away from the house you will survive it until we there." The little boy jumped and up and down and it looked adorable with his little tiny legs. He was wearing a red hoody and blue shorts. His sneaker were meant to be white but they were covered in mod from the wet weather they had the last days. My phone buzzed.

Sender unknown:

Sometimes the girl you want is close but to far away to reach. -A

I closed the message and let my phone slide back in my pocket. There she was. She still looked beautiful and even when she was tired I know she was happy. She turned around and I went down so she couldn't see me. I heard her talking to the other girl. " Em have you seen that?" The brown haired girl shoke her head. "No Baby- What did you see?" I could feel her eyes starring in my direction but she moved around again. "Nothing I think I am just really tired." She took her hand and they went into the house they were living  in.

Paige

I think my mind was creating a weird picture. I was way too tired. The last nights Alfie had a stomach ache and cried every three hours. I didn't need to ask Em how she felt. I could see it in her face. I couldn't remember when we both slept one night without getting interrupted by Alfie's screams or conversations to his teddy.

It was the early afternoon when someone knocked on the door. We didn't expect anyone. We have hardly seen our friends the last months. I opened the door and Aria jumped in my arms to give me the biggest hug on earth. "Woooh what happened?" I laughed happy to see her again. "I just missed you girls."

Aria left the Christmas Emily's parents died. She took a college year in Europe to figure out what was right for her. "You a re back." Emily squeaked when she noticed Arias voice. After a big group hug which Alfie watched interested Aria made her way to him. "Hey little boy who are you?" He laughed when he saw her. And pointed at her long brown hair.  "Mummy?" He said and we started laughing. " No Alfie.Not everyone with brown hair is mummy." I smiled.

Emily

Aria seemed to be happy to have the little boy around her because Paige and I haven't moved from the sofa since she arrived. It was good to take a breath after all the time.

Alfie might be a cute boy but he can be such a devil.

I moved over to Paige and cuddled into her. We watched Alfie playing with Aria hide and seek and it didn't take him long to ask us to join. There weren't many places to hide in this tiny apartment but Alfie seemed to enjoy it and that was the main point.

Aria left around 8 pm but not without promising that she will be back tomorrow and taking Alfie out so we could have some time together. We waved until she walked around the corner. I was about to get Alfie to bed when I noticed that Paige was still looking at something outside. " Babe are you alright?" She looked at me but turned around again. " Come here. Can you see that?" She pointed to the bushes in the park across the road. First I didn't see anything special but then the bush moved and a red coat appeared. I starred at that red thing which disappeared as fast as it appeared. "Babe that scares me. I haven't seen it the first time today. Earlier when I thought someone was watching us I saw it too." I looked at Paige and could see how worried she was and took her in my arms. "Don't worry Babe. Everything is fine." I placed her on the sofa and kissed her before I left to the bathroom.I dealed the number I haven't dealed for a while. After a few minutes I heard a voice on the other side. " Spencer here what's wrong Emily?"