Confessions Upon Confessions (pt. 3)

It was the 14th of December, the last day of their last week for the year. The students of Midtown High School were excited to have their holiday break. Today was their end-of-the-year party that was held in each and every homeroom classroom. Their teacher had a lot of activities planned for today, most of which was eating and playing games, which included Spin The Bottle, Never Have I Ever, and 7 Minutes in Heaven. (Yes, they indeed had a cool teacher.) But, despite the games, she was strictly observing their behavior throughout the entire day and sent the ones who were behaving quite inappropriately straight to the principal's office.

And, for the finale, this is where Peter Parker decided to confess to his crush, Alice Lancaster. He thought this was the perfect place for his confession, because Keane Crosby was nowhere to be found in sight. He was in the other homeroom class, just a classroom away. With the help of his friends from band class, they helped him serenade her. Of course, the ever-so-supportive Michelle Jones was a part of this whole shebang too. He had sung:

because Michelle had told him that growing up, this song meant a lot to Alice. He even wrote a poem for her and read it aloud for the whole class to hear. Throughout the entire production, both the two best friends forced a smile on their faces. For the finale, Peter gave Alice a gift.

  "Merry Christmas." He had told her. And all of a sudden, the room was filled with 'aww's upon 'aww's.

  "Thanks, Pete. Merry Christmas to you too."

  "And with that, class dismissed! The cleaners I appointed a few days beforehand are responsible in cleaning up this mess. Chop chop!" Their teacher said, and the students concerned were up and at 'em. Everyone cleaned up their respective areas and organized their things. All of them headed out the door, clustered like a bunch of ants. Peter and Alice went to one corner of the classroom. Michelle stood by.

  "Listen, Peter, the gesture was sweet and all but, you already know that I'm seeing someone... right?"

  "Yeah... KC's lucky, just so you know."

  "And I'm lucky to have him." She placed her hand on his arm. "You're gonna find someone too. Someone so much better than me, someone who deserves the love you're willing to give."

  "Heh... Thanks."

  "No problem."

  "I hope it doesn't become awkward between us..."

  "Trust me, that won't happen. Merry Christmas, Pete."

  "Merry Christmas to you too, Alice." And with that, she walked away and headed for the door. She gave Michelle a small wink. MJ started walking towards Peter's direction.

  "Soooo.... How'd it go?"

  "Got rejected but, I'm not surprised." He heaved an exhausted smile. "But thanks so much for your help, MJ."

  "O-Of course. Anytime, Pete." He grabbed his bag and was headed for the door. "Wait-" She said, making him stop in his tracks.

  "Yeah?"

  "I... I need to tell you something."

  "What is it?"

  "Four months ago, I was a completely different person. As time went on, it was only then that I realized that I... that I like you. More than a friend. And, I gotta be honest... The past four months made me the happiest I've ever been in a really long time. And it was all because of you, Peter. You make my heart want to leap out of my chest for feeling so many emotions, all at once. You make me feel as though I could do anything. You make my heart feel like a bunch of flowers blooming in Spring. You are the sun that shines ever so brightly in my darkest of days. You bring out the absolute best in me. Your smile, your presence and soul, mesmerize and entangle me completely. And I have no idea what kind of life I'd be living without you. So, Peter Parker, all I'm trying to say is... I think... I'm falling for you. And... I just wanted to let you know." She gave a casual shrug.