Stormy Night

MJ stayed in a nearby cafe to study for their upcoming decathlon next week. She needed coffee to keep herself up late and she couldn't study at her house because her parents won't stop arguing all day.

      As she sipped the last of her espresso, she looked out the window and noticed that it started to pour, hard. She quickly packed her things and got up from the table. She cursed at herself for not bringing an umbrella. MJ removed her jacket and used it to cover herself from the rain. Her house was 7 blocks from the cafe and she had to walk all the way there, since there are no more public transportations at this time of hour. She briskly walked and avoided big puddles that were on the edge of the sidewalk. A strip of lightning was seen in the distance and thunder could be heard from afar.

      Peter Parker passed his driving test last week and was able to drive Uncle Ben's old car. He couldn't sleep tonight so he decided to take out the car for a late night drive. He drove around and around for hours. He even passed by the cafe MJ was at. Part of the reason why he passed that cafe over and over was just to see her, reading her books, and just being herself.

      He drove past it again but found no one sitting at what used to be MJ's table minutes before. He figured she just went home, but got worried once he saw the heavy downpour of the rain. He knows that she never brings an umbrella. He took a turn and found her, running towards the direction of her house. He drove nearer to her and honked when the car was beside MJ. He stopped and got out of the car.

  "Get in, Michelle!" He shouted over the rain. She did as she was told and got in the passenger seat.

  "Thanks, Peter." She said, making Peter grin.

  "You're welcome. So, shall I drive you to your house or do you have another stop?" He asked.

  "I actually don't, but I don't wanna go home yet."

  "Why not?"

  "Because... well, my mom and dad have been arguing a lot lately and.. well, I'm afraid that they might get divorced." She said. Tears fell down her cheek but she didn't notice. Peter rubbed them off with his thumb. "I just.. I don't wanna hear them argue anymore." She continued.

  "Okay. Wanna go to my place, then?" He shyly asked, making MJ smile.

  "I'd like that."

* * *

      Peter didn't have a guest room at their apartment, so Michelle had no choice but to sleep in his bedroom. Thankfully, he owned a bunk bed.

  "Thanks for this, by the way." She said.

  "Ah. No problem. Just leave your stuff anywhere and make yourself at home. I'll just get ready for bed." said Peter, entering the bathroom.

      MJ kicked her shoes out of her feet and put them, along with her bag, under the lower bunk. There, she saw a red and blue tight suit. She pulled it out and unfolded it, muttering "I knew it!" under her breath. As if on cue, Peter walked out of the bathroom, shocked at MJ holding his Spiderman suit.

  "So you are Spiderman? Ha! I knew it!" She smirked.

  "You knew?" asked Peter in a panicked tone. MJ nodded. "But... but... but how?"

  "Simple. It just made sense that you were gone whenever Spiderman was present."

  "Please don't tell anybody about this." said Peter.

  "I won't. I promise. If," She started.

  "If what?"

  "If you snatch this away from my hands." said MJ, holding up his suit and shaking it.

  "Oh I will."

      MJ ran around the room, running lightly on her feet so that she won't cause too much noise. Peter did the same. He chased her, but purposefully tried not to catch her. He wanted this to last. He enjoyed hanging around with her. Once he did catch up with her, he hugged Michelle from the back and they both lost balance, making themselves fall down. They were both laughing until they realized that Peter lie atop MJ. He quickly stood up and helped her get up. The two both had the urge to kiss the other. Peter caressed Michelle's cheek and leaned in. As their lips moved in sync, Peter wrapped his arms around her waist and MJ wrapped hers around the back of his neck. Peter snatched his suit from her right hand and pulled away from their embrace.

  "Ha! Got'cha!" said Peter.

  "You little--" He threw his suit on the ground and pulled MJ in to kiss him once again.

  "I love you." He said once they pulled away, winding a strand of Michelle's hair in his finger.

  "I love you too." She replied.