2: Damien

My girlfriend responded to my text. Thirty minutes later just as I knew she would. She texted," Hey babe! I just got back from the most lit party ever. #GirlsNight OMG! Madison was tripping so hard and Nina was just like LOL. Wanna hang out later?" She followed that text with a winking emoji. I didn't need future vision to see that happening. I guess she grounds me. I don't need to look into the future to guess what she will do next. I text her back saying I can meet her at the coffee shop next to the school football field. She responds almost immediately. "K. See you there at 3:00pm tomorrow." she texts. I put down my phone and get off my bed. I decide to stretch, touching my toes and doing a few hip rotations. That'll get the blood flowing. I follow that up with my daily 100 hi five workout. I do 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 crunches, 100 squats, and 100 jumping jacks. When I'm finished, I'm a little sweaty, but not too sweaty. It was a light workout. I walk out of my bedroom and into my bathroom. I stare at the mirror above the sink. My light brown hair is damp with sweat. The hairs at the front of my face stick to my forehead. I stare into the eyes of my reflection. My eyes are a very light blue, so light that my irises almost appear translucent against the white of my eye. My skin has no acne or freckles, which is an impressive feat for a teenager. I take in my reflection for a long time. I'm quite attractive and I always will be. I checked the future once to make sure. My English teacher once told me about a guy in Greek mythology who was literally in love with his own reflection, what an idiot. I'm cocky and conceited, but that is it a whole other level. Makes sense that a guy like me can see the future. I care about myself so much I want to make sure I'm always in a good place. No. That's what I tell myself. I'm too scared to experience life and I play the game of life like a nerd with cheat codes. Always, checking the future to see what'll happen next versus waiting for it to happen. Pathetic. On top of that, I only care about the superficial stuff. I can't remember a time when I used my future sight for someone I cared about. I've only used it to see when my girlfriends will break up with me, who will win the football championships, when cool things will happen, and what will happen to me. I am a terrible person. Not as bad as some, but I'm the only bad one who has powers that could make a difference. I form a fist with my right hand and punch the mirror. The glass shatters sending tiny fragments flying all over the room. I hear my grandmother downstairs. "What's going on up there?" she asks her voice wavering due to her age. "Nothing. Just messing around." I answer. I look to the future. Will I get in trouble? I receive no vision of scolding or grounding. Just a vision of me brushing my teeth in front of a new and unbroken mirror. Of course. I get away with everything.