1:Atarah

When my mother first put the window screens on the window she said it was to keep the bugs out. Although I suspect it was to keep the people in. It's much harder to jump out the window when there is something blocking it. Yet before that window was barricaded, I didn't think about jumping out of it. It's like when someone dies you suddenly regret the thing you never said to them. Actually, it's the same for dead people they regret not talking when they were alive. I should know, I can hear all their voices. I took my red scissors and started cutting the mesh of the window screen in a criss-cross pattern. All those poor souls flock to me because I can hear them. I don't want to hear them. I've heard enough about pain and loss. I've felt too much of their suffering. Sometimes they speak to me, other times they just give me visions of their own flashbacks. I continue cutting the mesh of the window screen until I create a hole I could fit through. 

"Time to silence them." I whispered quietly. I climbed onto my desk next to the window and prepared to jump. Taking a deep breath, I put my left foot through the hole of the window screen and then I felt it. A thousand screams hit me at once each one of them saying something different. Don't. Wait. Traitor. Selfish. Stay. Not yet. There is still... time. Bridge. Fill. Gap. Those were the words I could understand. I fell backwards landing with a loud thud on the floor. Their screams turn to whispers and some voices stop. Their messages become clearer. Each soul speaks a single word forming a somewhat understandable sentence. We. You. Need. Time. Yet. Another. Soul. Lies. In. The. Patchwork. Your. Time. Is. Not. Now. Oracle. Is. Near. Do. Not. Leave. Us. 

"What do you mean?" I ask quietly. No response. I hug my knees and rock back and forth. Never had so many souls spoken to me at once. I can't even tell which souls had spoken. I feel light-headed too much "underworld" connection at once. I vomit all over the floor and pass out on the floor. Before I fall, I murmur a single question. 

"What is Oracle?" I ask and then I hit the floor. Lights out. For now.