five; reunited

Isla woke up and by then, the sun had risen and was shining down on her brightly. She lifted her head and winced, bringing a hand to her forehead where she hit her head on the log. When she touched the spot, pain rushed through her veins. Pulling her hand away, she saw there was no blood and sighed in relief, but there was a bruise for sure.

She sat up and lifted a hand to shield herself from the sun that glared down, then she lifted herself up slowly and gripped her trident with one hand, using it to pull herself up. Once she was stood straight, she opened her bag to see the damage.

The beef was coated in blood, so that was out of the question. The canteen was covered from the outside, so it was still usable, and the gun was also covered but still usable, so she threw the beef away and shouldered the bag, heading for the beach to maybe clean herself up.

Isla was hurt, but she tried her best to get to the beach, hoping to run into someone she knew on the way. The blood had dried all over her now and was sticky in some places.

Finally, Isla reached the beach. There were people stood in the distance, and she could hear loud voices, it sounded like Johanna screaming her head off, but Isla thought she must have been hallucinating.

Meanwhile with the others who were slightly away from Isla. Johanna had just started screaming at Katniss, and Finnick was about to grab her and pull her away before some real damage happened, when Peeta called out to everyone.

"Guys! There's someone there." He pointed at Isla who was stood, further away from the trees now, and fully on the beach. She held her trident in her hand, and was covered in blood, just like Johanna, Wiress and Beetee.

Everyone turned to look at the person, who lifted their head, squinting. No one could tell who it was, until they saw the red hair hidden underneath all the blood, then their eyes trailed to the trident and they realised who it was. "ISLA?" Finnick yelled.

Isla's eyes closed in relief and she dropped to her knees, the trident falling to the ground beside her. "FINNICK!"

Finnick dropped everything and ran over to her. He dropped to his knees in front of her and held her face in both his hands, trying his best to wipe away the blood. She leaned into his touch and he then wrapped his arms around her. Isla melted into his arms and leaned her head on his shoulder.

Then, he pulled away and lifted her up into his arms, carrying her over to the others. Johanna walked over and grabbed her trident, bringing it as well. Finnick laid her out on the ground beside everyone. She opened her eyes and looked at Katniss and Peeta. "I'm sorry, I meant to find you, but Cashmere came at me, and I had to leave." She lifted her hand and the golden bracelet glinted even under all the blood.

Katniss nodded. "It's fine, what's important is that you're okay."

"I'll be fine." She turned her head to look at the others and smiled at the District Three tributes. Beetee was in bad shape, and Wiress didn't look too well either, she was mumbling words and spinning around in circles. She then looked at Johanna and held out a hand.

"Hey Jo."

Johanna grabbed her hand. "Hey Isla. Seems you got caught in the blood rain too, huh?"

"Yeah. It wasn't nice. At all." Isla sat up and scrunched up her face at the memory of puking all her food out. "Where's Blight?"

"He- uhm. He didn't make it. There's a forcefield around the arena, and he hit it."

"Oh- I'm so sorry."

"It's alright. He wasn't much, but he was from home." Johanna smiled sadly, before she cleared her throat and let go of Isla's hand. "What have you been up to?"