ATSC-1

Bamboo

"Bringing back the past is easy, but applying what’s in the past was never easy.”

I sighed as I read this status from one of my student. I just shook my head out of dissapointment. Youth. Always loves to feel the drama. But, I cannot blame them. I never know what they’re going through.

I fixed my tie before carrying my case, going to the laboratory. As I saw students greeting me, I could already feel the aura of “back to school” vibe. So as I. I am back, as a teacher. And I love my job.

A heard a beep from my phone, indicating a text message was sent to me. I never bothered to answer the text for I already know who that is. As always, he will just please me to join again but no. As I said I love my job, that’s why there’s no way I would leave this job.

I entered the key to the keyhole and opened the lights to the lab.

I clicked my tongue “Disgusting.” I said as I erased the writings on the board. Whoever left this room has no shame. Who would leave a room with a whiteboard that’s not erased? No one, only an animal would do so.

I opened my laptop as I scan the students I would teach at this time. Some were familiar, some were not. I looked at my wristwatch then saw that it is nearly 10 in the morning. They’re probably on their way here.

My phone rings and saw his caller ID. It’s him, again.

I sighed, “Come on, Rico. What’s your problem?”

“Pare, this is an oppurtunity. The band needs you. Malaking pera ang kikitain dito if ever.” He explained.

“Sabi ko nga sa’yo, diba? I will never sing again. And I don’t need money ” I said then sighed.

Why? Is it still because of her- - -“

Rico.” I said coldly. He just sighed on the other line then I ended the call. Annoying.
I saw a bunch of students approaching  the lab so I already seated.

“Good morning, prof!” they greeted.

Good Morning, students. Have a seat.” I said then smiled.

“So, I am Mr.Francisco Manalac but you can call me Prof.Bamboo for short. I will be your Biology teacher for this semester. I am 4 years in service so I already know how to handle my students. I have my class rules and hoping you’ll be able to follow those.” I explained. I saw them nod and smiled.

“Seems like I am making myself clear here, guys. Do you have questions?” I continued.

“Yes?” I asked to the man who raised his hand at the back.

“Sir, kilala po kita. Member ka po ng banda na Rivermaya, ‘di po ba?” Nice. Here we go again.

I hesitate to nod, “Y-yes.” Then smiled.
Isang sample naman diyan sir.” Someone shouted.

Sample! Sample!” all agreed.

I’m not mad at them but also, I will not grant their request.

I smiled, “We gotta get to drinking now, class.”

“Ooooh.”

•••

It’s already 6:30 in the evening when our meeting ended. I immediately went to the parking lot and hopped in the car. I called my lolo to say I am on my way.

Hello, lolo.” I greeted.

Yes, apo. Are you going home tonight?” He asked.