ATSC-7

Bamboo

For the nth time, I stood up at pinahinaan ang aircon ng kwarto ko. I am chilling to death.

"43 degrees." I read as I saw the themomether.

Well, yeah. I am sick. Nagpaulan kasi ako kahapon. If you're thinking na nagpaulan ako kasi trip ko, of course not. I'm not a 2nd grader to do so.

It's already 9 am ang kanina pa sobrang sumasakit ang ulo ko. I am supposed to drink a medicine but I opened the medicine kit just to see nothing. Naubos na.

So, here I am, heating my body through rubbing my palm ang covering my entire body with a blanket. Ayoko namang tawagan pa si Farry because she might having her class.

I am focusing myself to sleep when someone knocked on the door. I just sighed heavily as I stood up, walking towards that door. Istorbo naman.

I looked through the peephole and was shocked to see who is it. I looked at the calendar.

I clicked my tongue, "Today's Wednesday, Bamboo. May class ka kay Lea." I said.

Nataranta naman ako ng makita ang kalagayan ko ngayon. Mukha akong sabog, at halatang may sakit. What now?

I shook my head, bahala na. I opened the door and shock is evident on her face.

"What happened, Francisco?" she asked.

I raise my eyebrow, "Come again?"

She fake coughed, "I mean, Sir Francis. What happened to you?" she asked.

I shook my head, "Nothing, come in." I said. She didn't enter instead, she place her hand on my forehead.

Her hand is damn soft.

"Oh my gosh. Are you sick?!" she exclaimed. She didn't let me speak then she entered.

I close the door and followed her.

"Where are you heading at?" I asked. She go to the medicine kit and found nothing.

"Have you checked your temperature?" she asked while getting a glass of water. I nodded and was about to get the glass of water from her when she motioned it away.

"Will you please sit down, sir?" she said.

I crossed my arms, "Okay? I do like the concern but will you stop acting like you're older than me? You're in my house." I said.

She walk towards me and gave me the glass of water, "Drink that para mahimasmasan ka. No lessons for today muna, sir. I'll take care of you." She said.

Seems like those words keep on echoing in my ears.

I'll take care of you

I shook my head to remove that thought, "No. You can go home. We can have our class tomorrow na lang." I said.

"No ka rin. Basta, I'll stay here. At sino naman ang mag-aalaga sa'yo, aber." She asked at namewang pa.

"I can take care of myself." I defended.

She just chuckled and shook her head, "No you're not. Stay here, bibili lang ako ng pagkain at gamot."

I stared at her and noticed something odd on her.

"Hep, stop." I said.

She raised her eyebrow, "What?"

I went to my room and get a jacket.