Chapter 1

"wake up, you have to go to work in two hours" I groaned, not wanting to get out of bed. I fell back asleep. "arabella!!" my manager, Rosetta yelled. "I dont want to" I sighed while standing up.

I walked into the restroom, doing my regualr morning routine, shower, makeup, hair, ya know? usual girly stuff.

I took a twenty minute shower and I curled my hair. I did my makeup using eyeliner, foundation, blush, mascara, pink lipstick, and some black eyeshadow. yeah, old Arabella would never wear so much makeup, but that girl no longer exists.

I picked out a nice, simple outfit for today, since I'm in a good mood. I decided on a black crop top, a black leather jacket, a gery skirt thats long from the back and short from the front, light pink heels, pearl earings, and some bracelets.

usually, I get my hair and make up done at the studio, but I recently fired my hair and makeup artist because they made it look like my two year old cousin did it for me. im serious.

as I was driving to the studio, the song 'thinkin' bout you' by frank ocean came on. my childhood bestfriend sang that song to me when we were twelve years old. His name was shawn mendes. I had the biggest crush on him, even though he started to bully me when we entered highschool.

that was the worst year of my life, I havent seen those boys since the day my sister helped me change my life.

- Flashback -

I was walking to my locker, ignoring all of the name calling, all of the whispers, all of the giggles. I was scared. Cameron recently read my diary. he knows I have a crush on shawn. he might tell him, what if he does?

I was literally a few steps away from my locker, when cameron grabbed me by the waist and pushed me against the wall, causing shawn to laugh.

"go ahead, tell him!" cameron yelled in my face. I felt tears starting to form in my eyes. I had no escape, cameron was obviously a lot stronger than I was, I had to tell shawn. and I know, that I won't like his reaction.

"i-I like you shawn" I whispered to myself, at least I thought I did. I closed my eyes, not wanting to look into their eyes.

"HA. you think I will ever like you? who would ever have feelings for you? no one, thats who! you're worthless, ugly, no good trash! you're a nerd. you will never be loved, by me, or by anyoneshawn laughed.

wow. that killed me. it felt like ive been stabbed over and over again in the back. I couldn't fight back the tears.

Shawn broke me, they all hurt me, but that time.. it hurt me more then ever.

- end of flashback -

I stepped on the breaks as I almost passed a red light, I seriously need to stop blanking out like this. I could've died. oh my god.

I stepped into the studio and got right to work. "Arabella darling, are you ready?" my photographer, marco, I think, called out to me. "mhmm" I smiled.

I stood infront of the white screen and started doing some natural poses. I did a serious face, I held onto my jacket while laughing, I started dancing, to see if we got any good shots, and I jumped into the air. I did a bunch of other poses, but they were simple.

Once I was done, Rosetta and I decided on two different photos and we decided to use the one were I was serious and the one were I was laughing. "okay darling, these photos will be in the magazine tomorrow morning" marco said. "thanks love!" I smiled.

I decided to go home, I was really tired since I woke up early, it was like 11:30.a girl needs more rest than that, am I right?

I got home, changed into a pink sports bra, sweats, and I put my hair into a messy bun. I sat on the couch and watched the fault in our stars, I cried my eyeballs out. even though I've seen this a million times.

I ended up falling asleep, I didn't even know when, but I did.