chapter 9

shawn was standing behind me, scratching the back of his head, looking all inocent.

"what do you want?"

"arabella, we were just kidding around we didnt-"

"I dont want to hear it, just leave me alone!"

"no, I won't leave you alone arabella! I- I want to get to know you, I want to be your friend. everyone here wants to be your friend"

"oh, so all of a sudden you guys want to be my friends?"

"ever since you got here, we've all been trying to get closer to you, but you always push us away! why is that? we havent been anything but kind to you"

"no. no shawn, you actually havent. you've always been rude. they all hurt me, especially you"

at this point, I was in tears. I turned back around and started taking deep breaths, trying to calm down.

"what do you mean? we have never-"

I turned to find myself face to face with him.

"look at me in the eyes, shawn. tell me what you see"

"i- uhh"

he stared into my eyes. I looked down, but he lifted my chin up so he could have a view of my face.

he wiped my tears with his thumb and stayed silent for a moment.

"I see a hurt person, someone who trys to be happy, but really isn't. I see a beautiful girl, who is dying on the inside, and I don't know why."

"you do know why. you and your little crew were the reasons that caused my pain. you guys made me insecure. you guys made my life miserable throughout freshman, sophomore, and junior year."

"what do you mean? I don't know- oh my god"

his face expression changed as soon as he realized what I was talking about. his eyes got watery and he turned around, so he won't face me. he was quiet so I decided to head back to my room, even though he's in the same room as im in.

"this is useless." I said as I started walking away.

shawn quickly got a grip oh my hand and made me face him once again.

"shawn-"

"bella, I'm so sorry. you dont know how much I regret everything that I did to you. I never-"

"its fine. it doesn't really matter to me anymore. just, let me go"

"no, bella. its actually not fine! we were best friends and I ruined everything for popularity! I never meant the things I said to you, and I never wanted to hurt you! I was just following cameron's instructions and I don't know why I did it, I just-"

"this was all cameron's idea? he made all of you guys do this to me?"

"it doesnt matter anymore, we still did all of that stuff to you and there's no way of changing what we did. I wish I could go back and stop everything from happening"

he pulled me closer into him by my waist.

"bella, since the day you left highschool, we all regreted what we did, well.. at least I did. I didn't know what happened to you, I though you died, I didn't know what you were capable of. I was worried, and I blamed myself for it everyday."

"shawn, its okay. its all over now. I forgive you."

"you know, when you left, I stopped bullying. I started playing the guitar and singing more and it made all of my stress go away. I showed the boys my true passion and they accepted it. thanks to you"

he pulled me into a hug, a nice, long hug. ive missed him, especially since he was my bestfriend.

"my eyes dont shed tears, but girl they pour when im thinkin' bout you ooh no no no . I been thinkin' bout you, you know know know. I been thinkin' bout you do you think about me still?"

I smiled in the middle of the hug.

"you-you remember?"

"bella, I never forgot"

he wiped my last few years and looked at my lips, then back at my eyes.

"c'mon bella, let's head back to the hotel room"

I smiled and nodded my head.

on the way to our room, he took my hand and interwined our fingers together, just like old times.