Scenario 5 Part 4

A/N: This chapter consists of misuse of an armed weapon.

Cyrus's P.O.V.

I wake up. It's Friday morning. I was getting non stop messages from the gang this whole week. I ended up blocking their numbers. I logged out of my social medias. Whenever I saw them, I'd make sure that I didn't bump into them. I would hide in the restroom until Reed would find me. I hear a ding from my phone.

Reed: You ready? :)

Me: Why wouldn't I be? :D

Reed: See you later ;)

*** Afterschool ***

I see the gang and they seem to be so happy. I feel an arm around my shoulder. "Come on. Who needs fake friends." I smile. "You are absolutely right."

We walk to the store to buy some watermelons. Reed takes two and I take one.

We walk to Reeds house. He gets his duffle bag. He puts the watermelons and the gun inside. He gets the keys to his dirtbike.

We go to the backyard. "Wow." "Wow, what?" "You live a lot closer to where we met than I thought." It's literally a couple of blocks away. "Yeah. Whenever I needed to take my mind off something, I'd just go there. Come over here."

He puts his helmet on me. "Safety first young one." I chuckle. He smiles. He hands me the duffle bag. "Let's hop on." I hop behind him. "Hold on tight." He zooms. "Wow. This is exhilarating."

We make a stop. He grabs his duffle bag and starts setting up. "Hey. Let's take a picture." "Sure." We pose in front of the watermelons. He captions: "We having some kind of eating contest or what?" 😂 This kid cracks me up... "What's your username?"

I sigh. "Underdog." I look down. "TJ gave you that nickname, huh?" I nod. "Well, it's posted." "Oo, let me be the first to like." I quickly log back in. I get a notification that says I've been mentioned in BlondBoyCutie's post. I like it. I go through my feed and see something Marty posted. The caption reads: Finally asked her out without being rejected 😂. It's pictures of him and Buffy. The first to like it was Not So Scary Basketball Guy. It was posted right afterschool.

Reed comes over with the gun. "You ready?"He hands it over. I hold the gun in position. I feel tears coming down my face. "Cyrus. You okay?" I shake my head. "I feel so stupid right now." He gets the gun out of my hands.
"We don't have to do this. What's wrong?" We sit down. I hug my knees to my chest. "I thought all my friends betrayed me. I told Buffy how I felt about TJ. So she confronted him about it. At the time they were talking, it seemed as though he asked her out. She accepted his request and all my friends were celebrating. Then, I saw this post right now." I show Reed the post and more tears start to come down. "I'm so sorry about this Reed." He hugs me. "It's okay." He's so comforting. "Cry as much as you need."

I do. I can't believe I thought my friends would do such a thing. But, as we are. We are true friends. They would never do that to me. I over reacted. I let everything out. "You feel better?" I nod. "Even though we didn't do this. I'm glad that you're here with me." We smile at each other.

"Cyrus!" That voice. It can't be. I may have misunderstood my friends. But, TJ still hasn't explained his actions. He's hurt me. I shy away into Reed's arms. "Go away. We have nothing left."

TJ pulls me from Reed's embrace. "Let go of me!" He pulls me to his dirt bike. I struggle. He's got a really good grip on me. "Cyrus!" He looks at me with fear in his eyes. Why? "Look, I'm here to truely apologize." I look away. "Why now?" "Cyrus. Look at the situation." He sighs. "But, I know all of this is my fault." I look at him. "TJ..."

"No. I won't let this happen." I look behind me. "Reed, what are you doing?" He points the pistol at TJ. "You've betrayed me. Fine. But, you've hurt such a pure and innocent soul. He's changed you and you do this to him. You don't deserve Cyrus, Kippen."

I jump in front of TJ. I'd take a bullet for him. "Cyrus!" And everything slowly turns back.

Hey everyone. So this scenario is a lot more darker than the others. It isn't a matter that is taken so lightly. As mentioned that guns aren't safe without supervision or in the hands of a minor. Or in the case someone who isn't mentally stable. Note the next chapter will be a bit more darker. It's not too graphic, but be warned. It will be triggering. I wanted to try something that is far beyond what Disney would do. I definitely wanted to address this issue because gun violence is something very common today. There needs to be more gun control.

Until next time,
CGE