Scenario 6 Part 2

TJ's P.O.V.

I can't get that sad face Cyrus gave me during costume day. Maybe going to the swings will help. I can't believe I did that to him. I feel like I ran over a puppy. He'll never understand how I feel.

I look and see Cyrus. I hide behind the tree. He's hugging Jonah tightly. I get a pang in my chest. I can barely hear what they're saying. But, what I can see is Jonah making Cyrus smile. A smile I haven't seen. Jonah stands straight and so does Cyrus. Jonah grabs Cyrus hand and runs off with him. I hit the tree hard. How can Jonah be so close with him?

I start to leave. But, a hand stops me. "Hey." I look away. "Hi." Kira. Of all the people. "It looks like as if you saw your girlfriend with another boy." A bullet right to my heart. "And what do you care?" "Well, it seems like you could use something to take your mind off from what's going on." I sigh. "Yeah." I look at the swings. "You're looking at the swings. Wanna go?" "Sure."

We make our way to the swings. "So, why the swings?" I sit down. "I come here to calm down. To just destress." "Hmm. Interesting. How did it happen?" I sadly smile. "I found Cyrus here one day. He helped me calm down. And ever since, he's always been there for me." Kira sits. "You two seem close." I smile. "We are. He's the best thing to ever happen to me." "Really? Do I have competition?" I laugh. "Ummm... I just don't think anything will." "Huh. I see. But, don't you think being too close to a boy may give off a misunderstanding?" I think. Are we too close? "I don't think so." "Ok. How 'bout we start swing?" "Yeah."

We start swinging. She smiles at me. "Let's see who swings higher?" I smile back. "You're on." We start swinging as highest as we can. "Hey, let's jump off at the same time?" "Down." "3... 2... 1... Go." And we jump off. I start laughing.

I feel something as I land. I lift my foot up. Cyrus' watch. The same watch he wore the day I asked him to do costume day with me. And now it's all cracked. "Dayum." "What is it?" "I broke this watch." She eyes it. "Looks familiar." I nod. "You don't mind. I know the person. I should go apologize." "Yeah. Don't forget about me." I wave.

I run to his house. I knock on his house door. His mom answers the door. "Hey TJ. What brings you here?" "I need to talk to Cyrus." "He's in the back." She moves.

I open the door and see a tent in the back. My heart drops. The light on with two bodies inside it. One on top of the other. I can easily recognize that silhouette. Jonah Beck. I drop his watch. I'm out.

I leave in a (Joshua) rush. I can't take it. I close the door and run home. My heart feels heavy. What was I thinking? That maybe I'd be the guy whose closest to Cyrus. That I'd be the one in that tent with him. That I'd be the one to make him smile. To still be next to him. Why do I have to be in love with Cyrus Goodman?

Hey there. The day is coming closer. I can't wait. And the  plots for the rest of the episodes have been mentioned about. The last episode says that Cyrus and Buffy talk about "relationship woes". Wonder what that's about? 😏 3 more days after 3 months hiatus. 😩

Til next time,
CGE