Chapter 9: Beginning

Well me and Hunter have been dating for 3 months and it's going wonderful. He makes me extremely happy, though nowhere near as happy as Jason did. Even though it's almost been a year since Jason passed, I still feel guilty for starting a new relationship with Hunter. I mean I know Jason's gone and everything but I still can't help feeling guilty for doing this, I feel like I'm hurting him.

"Babe, you hear me?" I was knocked out of my thoughts by Hunter. "I'm sorry hun, I guess I just got lost in thought. What were you saying?" He gave me a small smile and shook his head "Nothing, come here." He motioned for me to slide closer and into his his arms. I slid over and he wrapped his arms tightly around me. I looked up at him and smiled "You have no idea how much I love this. Just me and you." He smiled back and kissed me passionately on the lips. As always I melted into his kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and straddled him,  never breaking the kiss. We were deep in the moment.

"Hey yall have a room, go to it wuth that shit." I rolled my eyes to find Ray grinning like a kid "You know I thought the younger siblings were supposed to be the annoying ones. I guess you just got it backwards." Ray's smile dropped and he glared at me, what was supposed to be evilly. I started laughing and both him and Hunter gave me a wierd look. "What? Ray should never try the 'evil glare' it just does not work for him, like at all." Ray rolled his eyes and shook his head as he walked to the kitchen. 

I kissed Hunter one more time before sliding over to sit beside him. I gave him A smile before grabbing the remote from him. "Movie? I'm thinking something funny." Hunter just nodded and smiled "That's fine." I flipped through all the channels and couldn't find anything good on. "I give up, something else?" He shook his head "Forget the movie let's just lay on the couch and watch a little TV and just talk." I nodded and smiled "Sounds perfectly fine."

We layed there and just talked for a while, about anything and everything and even absolutely nothing.

************

"Violet! Wake up!" I jumped up and instantly grabbed my gun"What?!" I noticed it was just Ray and Hunter. They had their arms up. I just rolled my eyes "What the fuck! I could've fucking shot yall!" I put my gun back and turned towards them "Well, speak." The looked at each other and then Hunter finally spoke, "Umm well, it's Jen.-" "What about her!" "She left last night. She found some guy and moved to greece with him.  She left the note for you." I didn't know what to say, I reached for the note.
Violet,

Look, I know you're probably gonna be pissed at me for running off and leaving you like mom and dad did. Im sorry for that, I truly am. But if you had a chance at happiness, if you had a chance at love, at getting out of here; wouldn't you take that chance? I should have talked to you first, before just jumping on a plane. I've been talking and sort of dating him for the past 10 almost 11 months. I'm really happy.  He's good to me and I can't see myself without him. I know you won't have this note til I'm probably already landed in greece.  But I wanted you to know something.

You're stronger than anyone I know. You're not my little sister anymore, you're a grown woman now. You don't need me. Besides, I was never needed by you.  You always had Jason and Micheal, and now you have Hunter and Ray and Micheal. I'm tired of sitting on the sideline waiting for you to need me. I'm going on with my own life. Goodbye Violet. I love you little sis.

Goodbye,
Jennifer

I just shook my head, folded the note and put it on the table beside my bed. "Well,  I'm hungry. Let's grab something to eat."

*********

"Well Waffle House was delicious. I probably could've eaten  3 of them waffles." I was leaned back on the couch rubbing my belly. Hunter chuckled "You're not fat." I looked up at him "I know that." "Well why don't you stop rubbing your belly like you are." I rolled  my eyes. Hunter sat down beside me and wrapped his arm around me, pulling me closer to him.

"Well love birds, I'm heading out. Got to go and make sure Jen remembered to lock her place up before she hauled ass." I looked at Ray "Well have fun. Be careful. We'll be here if you need us." He nodded and him and Hunter did their wierd hand shake thing. "Laters yall!"