Chapter 6

The cave is enormous, illuminated by hundreds of torches hung by the thousands of witches who now strolling about, seeing to their tasks. Dragons lined the cave, leaving a big path for the exit in the middle.

The dragons are a beautiful creatures, with its  wings the width of a small lake,the body of a big warship and the scale, oh, the beautiful scales.Every dragons has its own colour of scales. From blue to purple to green and many more.

"The higher ranking ones have more then one colour in its body. Like that one." Her grandmother explained, pointing at a dragon as they went deeper into  the cave.

Unlike others, the dragon's scales is greu with black lining them, forming a pattern. A raven haired witch is stroking the side of the dragon's body.

Her grandmother continues, " All of us had already chose our rides, except you and your coven. "

Jisoo marveled at the varieties of dragons as their little group strode towards the far end where the most powerful ones is at, according to her grandmother.

As they get closer, a particularly large dragon sat at the very end, eyeing them. It's scales were white, lined with shining gold. Infront of it, four slightly smaller other dragons stood, forming a v like formation. At the right, a black one, a grey one at its side. At the left, a fiery red and a dark blue.All of their scales lined with gold.

Jisoo stared in awe at the dragons, especially the white one with its mighty wings. Their eyes locked, and Jisoo swore that the dragon smiled.

Noticing Jisoo's attention on the white dragon, her grandmother stilled.

"Don't get your hopes too high, my love. That one hasn't allowed anyone near it, even me. We just found out that she is their alpha.This four is the most powerful beside that one, saved for  all of you to choose. It's a bit more friendlier than that cranky dragon." Her grandmother explained.

"But, if you are brave enough, try it." A challenge, one that Jisoo would except and most likely fail.

Humiliation, that's the most effective punishment one could ever been given, the one her grandmother is giving.Punishment for what, Jisoo don't know.

"I'll go." Jisoo finally said, eyes never leaving the alpha.

"Jisoo" Jennie said under her breath, a warning.

Jisoo gave her a side glance.

"I'll go." She sternly said as she slowly walked towards her targeted dragon.

Like everyone in the cave could hear them, they went silent, creating an eerie atmosphere.

But Jisoo did not waver, her steps unfaltering. Even when she reached the two nearest dragons, the grey and blue one. Even as the ones flanking both sides of the white dragon seemed to make room for her.

As she strode nearer, her dream ride locked eyes with her once more, its eyes filled with emotions Jisoo couldn't wrap her mind on.

The dragon didn't show any sign of resistance as Jisoo step closer and closer, finally came close enough to raise her hands to stroke the side of its snout. And the dragon let her.

Jisoo then hesitantly place her eyebrows on its snout, her body tensed. When it let her, Jisoo let out a breath.

She then raised her head to look at the dragon right in the eye. To her surprise, she could read its mind as easily as reading a book.

Hello, Jisoo.

The girl's eyebrows rised

How do you know my name?

Every dragons knew its rider's name.

Really?

Yes, Jisoo.

Then what's yours?

Merveille.

Mervielle, you are mine and I'm yours.

She shifts her attention to her grandmother who gave an approving nod before ordering her coven to choose their own dragons and get familiar with them. She then strode away, leaving four other witches to tend them.

Jennie ended up with the black one, Chaeyoung with the red, and Lisa with the blue. All of them now stroking their dragons including Jisoo.

They were almost airborne when a frantic messenger came running towards them five hours later, bearing the news of Jisoo's grandmother's command to meet her at the back at the Witch mountain.

As they're all unfamiliar with being airborne just yet, they doesn't dare risk flying there, so they run as fast as their feet could carry.

When they arrived,they were greeted by the frightening glare of Jisoo's grandmother.

"What took you so long." She said through gritted teeth.

"We're sorry, grandmother." Jisoo apologize while they bow to her. Even with their witch's speed, they arrived two hours after the departure.

" Three hours prior, i received news that seven witch hunters were nearing our territory. I have no choice but to see them myself, and despite years of experience, this fools in undeniably good at their jobs. " She said, malice coating every single words.

"Unprepared as I was, I had to retreat and summon you to give you your new mission that I planned the hours it took for you to come."

"And what is that? "

She smirked.

" Oh, it's the most perfect task for you four."