CHAPTER ONE: ON THE BRIDGE

CHAPTER ONE, ON THE BRIDE

It was just me and the captain and data and worf on the starship bridge and it was a slow day. I said "Captain, what are we going to do today because we have a long way to get to the next space outpost."

He said "We always have exploration to do because we have discovered over a thousand new aliens so far! The highest in all of Star Fleet!"

Worf grunted "You bring honor to Star Fleet Captain. Your ancestors will be proud of your exploring."

Data says "It is very good, but we still have more to do. I calculate that there is more than 3 days before our next teleporting to the planet. I'm sure we will discover more aliens, the life signs are good with an oxygen atmosphere and clouds the inner core is made of iron just like earth we might even build a space colony there," he said.

"That is very fine and good, so we will head there but keep your eyes open for any trouble ahead," said Captain Pickard.

"That will be no trouble for us", I said! We were always getting into trouble.

But let me start at the beginning. My name is Deanna Troi and I am a psychic. I work for the United Federation and live on the Star Trek Enterprise D. We explore strange new worlds and use Warp Speed which is a new technology that bends space and makes a lot of wormholes.

The federation is always in wars with Klingons and Romulans and Borg and Dominions and but we are the politicians who make everything calm with negotiations.

The Captain is very smart and his name is Jean Luc Picard. He is French, but speaks an English accent. He knows a lot of Shakespeare and is very noble. The most noble of all the Starship Captains I have ever met and I have worked for the Federation for many star dates! But never ask a lady her age!

I come from a planet called Betazed where we are all psychic and are very beautiful. Well, you have to be if you get married naked, ha ha! We work out a lot but we can feel emotions from other people which is why I work here as a therapist and help the captain with the negotiating because I know if the other people or aliens are lying to him. And trust me they are ALWAYS lying! Like always!

My Mom sometimes shows up but she is very important and beautiful, but she is older than Me. She wears very beautiful silk dresses except when she is chasing Picard because she has a crush on him. When I was growing up my favorite was a blue dress, (except when I was naked!) and it had medals from the government telling everyone that she was the sacred holder of the chalice of Resses. I am very proud of her.

Sometimes Picard reads her poetry when he doesn't think I'm looking, but I can hear everything that goes on in the bedroom and let me tell you it is steamy! Sometimes it's not fun being a psychic, but you take what you can get, ya know?

She says "The best way to get over a man is under a man little one!" and I believe her. I broke up with my boyfriend Riker a long time ago but I moved on when he got fatter. It's not his fault that the holo food transporters are full of too much fat, when it was broken for over a year and put in too much lard into all the food! I was lucky because I sensed that something was wrong. I tried to warn him, but what was he gonna do not eat? So I don't blame him but it made getting over him a lot easier.

All the men on the planet want her and she is just like me. I am very beautiful too although I don't want to be this pretty. Patients think I'm pretty and stare at my boobs too much when they are supposed to be thinking about their problems. It's very distracting to me too because its like they don't respect me as a woman or a Betazed just because we are naked a lot. It's not embarrassing to me at all it's empowering and there is no excuse for rude patients!