Chapter 10

"It's not his face that drives you crazy,
It's the way how he protects you from everyone."

--

You're quietly walking down the corridor going to your class when two men blocked your way. Your eyes furrowed at the sight of the other man because of how disgusting his smirk was but despite his popularity, you never ever find him attractive at all even if he is Chanyeol, the captain of football team in your university.

"I was having a bad day but then I saw you." He said and you just rolled your eyes.

"You are blocking my way Chanyeol." You said coldly and he let out a chuckle and looks at his friend Kyungsoo then look back at you.

"You're still feisty Hyejinah that's why I like you, scratch that would you mind to have a breakfast with me? My treat." He flashed you a hopeful smile but you just brushed it off. He will never get you swayed and it's annoying the shit outta him.

"I'm late for class but thank you, I'm going. Bye." You walked passed him and he grinned shooking his head very dissapointed. But his grinning turns into a mad face.

"You're so full of yourself because I am always after you out of all the pretty girls in this campus?"

You turned your head to face him, disgusted.

"No. It's the other way around Mr. Park Chanyeol, stop believing that you can get whoever you want because in all honesty, You are not that attractive." You retorted causing him to widen his eyes, he can't believe it that you just threw those words at him.

His friend let out an 'oohh' and Chanyeol elbowed him.

"And you are not that even pretty! Did I tell you that you do look like a potato? A rotten potato indeed." He smirk causing you to ball your fist.

No one's ever called me a potato except Soobin!! And a... a rotten potato??!!

"Look who's talking, I didn't know that a decaying-soon to extinc-specie can actually talk." Your attack made him about to punch your face but Kyungsoo stopped him.

"Seriously? Punching a lady? You're going that low Chanyeol? Haha oh my gosh."

"Hyejin enough." Kyungsoo warned you but you're still laughing. He knows what Chanyeol is capable of and he still amazed at the same time shocked because no one has ever roasted Chanyeol that way, only you

"See you around, I hope you still like me." You said in sarcasm and left the two.

Kyungsoo then laughed his ass out the moment you leave, "Did Hyejin just called you a decaying-soon to extinc-specie?"

Chanyeol's face lighten and smirked.

"She's really something." He said while he's looking at you walking away.

You reached your locker and opened it to grab your Biology book, but when you're about to close it... Jungkook was already leaning and smiling at you.

"Good morning sunshine." He greeted with his arms crossed and you almost puke. When did he ever call me that?

"Nice roasting by the way." He chuckled and grab the book and bag from your hand so he could carry it for you. "Chanyeol deserved that." He added and you widen your eyes, he heard that! And you panicked, what if he thinks that you're such a bitch? Ugh.

"He's annoying me for months now." You silently mumbled and he smile.

"Don't worry, no one's gonna annoy you now that I'm here. Okay?" He said then grab your hand and started walking. "Pali, it's cold!" And you didn't have a choice but follow him with your hands holding his.

You reach your class on time and both of you seated on your desks.

"Hyejin, I think there's something stuck in your hair." Jungkook said and without a warning, he grabs something from your hair.

"Where?" You asked in confusion. But you didn't expect what happened next,

"Here." He smiled cheekily showing you his finger heart, causing everyone who witnessed to giggle.

My heart!

Here it goes again, the abnormality of your heart is getting worst everytime Jungkook hit on you.

He was grinning like an idiot when he saw hoe red as a tomato you are.

"Jungkook is the man!" Someone shouted.

"How to be you Hyejin?!" And another.

"Kyeopta!"

You feel very embarrassed but Jungkook isn't. He feel so proud of himself and he's even doing a high five with your other guy classmates. "I told you it'll work, girls likes to be treated that way!" Namjoon, their class president whispered to Jungkook and he gave him a thumbs up.

You hid your face with your hair.

It may be awful to start the day with an argument with Chanyeol but atleast you have someone who will take care the rest of your day with a smiling face.

Slowly, you are opening your heart again.

Winter is your lucky season, you thought. Because there's always Jungkook who makes you feel warm no matter what.

You secretly glance at him, he was talking with your other classmates. You can't help but smile because the Jungkook from last few weeks is slowly making progress in socialization. He caught you looking at him with a smile and he twitched his brows...

"Why are you smiling?" He asked and you quickly look away.

"N-nothing."

"Did I make your heart flutter?" He asked again and you glared at him.

"Don't get your hopes up Jeon." You said then right before he speak, the door opens revealing your prof. He doesn't have a choice but to shut his mouth and bury his head on his desk ready to sleep. Typical Jungkook, always so lazy for studying.

He grabs your right hand and put it under the desk. You tried to free your self from it but he's holding you so tight, then you gave up.

He intertwined his hands with yours and you can't do anything about it.. your heart can't stop from beating so fast, too afraid that it will be hard to let go of him now.

I'm in trouble!