Romeo and Julian, part one

A/N
This AU will be a series!
Yay!
Also: I'm going off what we do in my drama club, so....yeah

-Virgil's POV-

I walk into the MPR.

"Virgil! Over here!"

I see my friend Patton wave me over from the other side of the room. Our other friend, Logan, isn't in to theater, so he's in robotics.

"Hey Pat," I say, sitting down next to him. Today's the first day that we actually get to practice our play, Romeo and Julian, a modern, LGBTQ+ twist on the classic Romeo and Juliet. It follows the essential plot, but otherwise, it's kinda far from the old one.

(It's a student-run after school club)

I have the role of Julian, and Roman Prince has the role of Romeo.

Which is good and bad and awesome and horrible.

He's my crush...maybe...

He is.

Dang it, I'm in love.

"No. C'mon, we can't practice Act 2 today," I hear Roman say as he walks by, "let's get through Act 1. Okay? We just finished all the script reading, we need to work from the beginning."

"Ready for some acting?" Patton is really excited today. He does the curtains, and he really likes doing it. Knowing today he can start is extremely exciting for him.

"Ready to do the curtains?" I'm not sure if I'm ready for acting, actually.

"Yup! I can't wait until-"

"Practice begins now!"

"we start! Looks like I spoke to soon," he said with a chuckle.

"Roman and Virgil, onstage!"

I grab my script and run on, Roman following me up.

"Remi, Emile! We need you up here too!"

Remi and Emile are nice. Emile plays Romans dad and Remi plays mine.

"Ready?"

We all nod.

"Act 1, scene 1. You can use your scripts."

The curtains pull back.

"Romeo, I swear, you can't keep running off without permission!"

"Dad! Even my namesake made some trouble too! Just me going to Starbucks is nothing compared to what he did! If you wanted a perfect son, why name him after a very imperfect man?"

"Just... go to your room."

Roman huffs and stomps offstage, and Emile goes behind a side curtain.

"I'm telling you, Julian, the move isn't that bad. Just look at the new city! It's so much better than the old one. And aren't you excited for a new school?" Remi had the perfect emotions tied into his voice. He'd always been a amazing actor, and I wasn't sure why he never went for big parts.

"How do we know it won't be full of homophobes like the last one?"

"Because we lived....in that place. This is different!"

"If you say so. I'm going to go work on my writing."

I sigh and walk behind a side curtain.

"Good job, you four! One more time, then we'll go to scene 2!"

So we rehearse the scene again, and our time is up before we can practice scene 3, where Romeo and Julian meet.

Patton was already outside, so I start to walk towards the door when someone grabs my wrist.

"Hey," Roman says, "you did really good today."

"Tha-Thanks, Roman. See you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow!"

I walk outside, finding Patton sitting in a bench.

"What's with the blush, Virgil?"

"I'm...I'm blushing?"

"Well, when you walked out the door, you looked like a tomato, but it isn't as much now. So what happened?"

"Erm.."

"You've got a crush!"

"Maybe?"

"Who is it?"

"Roman..."

Patton threw his arms around me, "and you guys have the lead parts! Does this mean you'll kiss at one point? I want here during the script reading for the last few scenes, and I haven't read them yet."

"There's no kiss. There is a hug. I don't know why."

He looked to the pick up line to see his mom.

"Bye Virgil! See you tomorrow!"

"See you tomorrow."

A/N
Good so far?
Yes?
No?
Deceit?
Wait
Why did I write that
Idk!