Romeo and Julian, part 2

"So," says Patton as he sits next to me at lunch, "how's it going?"

"Pretty good," I say.

"Moderately well," replies Logan.

He throws an arm around Logan's shoulder.

"Awesome!"

And that is when something impossible happens.

Roman walks over.

"Can I sit here?" He asks, gesturing to the spot next to me.

"Sure," I say softly. I'm definitely not the most socially able person at school.

"Thanks."

You know when you're nervous, and all the sudden your heart is in your ears? And you can literally feel it trying to jump out of your chest?

That's what was going on.

"Why did you sit here? I mean, you're a popular kid... shouldn't you have other people to sit with?"

"I was hoping to be your friend, I mean... we have the lead roles, so... might as well get to know each other?"

"Sure... That would be awesome!"

So we keep on talking, I introduce him to Patton and Logan, of which had been having their own conversation.

And the bell rings.

I say bye to Patton and Logan and Roman, since they aren't in my class. At least, I think Roman isn't.

I rush to history.

We're about twenty minutes into class.

"Alexander Hamilton wrote many things, including letters to his wife, sister in law, friends, and colleagues. He also wrote 51 of the Federalist Papers and the infamous Reynolds Pamphlet," Mr. Laurens said, looking quite happy. I don't know why, but the topic of Alexander Hamilton always made him happy.

"Mr. Laurens? Didn't he found the treasury?"

"Yes he did, Mr. Miranda."

That's when I decided a break would be nice.

As I leave with a hall pass around my neck, I swear that I was alone.

"Hey, emo."

I sigh at the familiar sound of the school bully's voice.

Den, or as he preferred, Deceit.

"What?" I say quietly, turning to face him.

"I was saying, emo, or perhaps... I was doing?"

He punched me in the gut before slapping me across the face, and I fell to the ground. I really was quite easy to take down.

I hear footsteps, and then the same persons sharp intake of breath.

"Get off of him, Deceit! Go!"

"And why should I?"

"Because,
A) the principal is just around the corner
B) I'm student council, so I can give you punishment
And C) Because I said so."

I knew Deceit would leave as soon as he mentioned punishment, so I was pretty sure I was safe.

I tried to stand, and realized he must've been kicking for a while, and he kicked hard. So, like the incredibly graceful person I am, I face planted.

I know. Amazing. And I managed to do it in front of a person.

"Virgil? Are you okay?"

Oh. Just... Logan or Patton. Okay.

"I'm fine."

I look up and the person who basically told Deceit to **** off is Roman.

Wow. I'm having a great day, aren't I?

"Um... do you want help? Looks like it's hard for you to stand, much less walk."

"Sure?"

And that, my friends and/or foes, is when I knew I messed the flip up.

He legitimately picked me up bridal style and walked me to the nurses office.

When he first picked me up I started flailing. Flailing.

I'm that unused to physical contact.

He even stayed with me in the office.

I was, of course, dying inside the entire time.

"I'm going to walk you back to class. I'm not letting you get hurt again."

"No, seriously, Roman, I'll be fine."

"I'm coming."

"Fine."

We walk down the hall and he links his arm through mine.

I die inside again.

"Um...I'll see you at practice," I say when we reach my classroom, which is about to let out in five minutes.

"See you then!"

I'm still dying.

A/N
Because I'm a helpless hopeless romantic
Yay
Also:
Found/Tonight is AWESOME!!!!!
and The Regrettes, Who are tied in the #1 spot (with P!ATD) in my favorite bands, sung a cover for Helpless! ITS AWESOME!