Ch5: Visiting Again

Dabi's pov

I was sitting in the hideout, drinking from a cup when Shigaraki walked over to me. "What do you want?" I asked. "Where have you been disappearing off to?" he asked.

I grumbled under my breath then lookedd up at him. "It doesn't concern you" I told him, narrowing my eyes. "I need to know" he told me. I stood up.

"No you don't. It's none of your business" I told him, walking over to the entrance. Shigaraki yelled something but I didn't listen. I needed some air.

I started to think over my options. Did I really want to stay with the league. They were a pain, especially with Shigaraki in charge and that's not even mentioning how the entire group is just cowering with their tails between their legs.

Ren's group on the other hand consisted of only 3 people and yet they had managed to kidnap two of U.A's top students and no one had even heard of them. Everyone thought that it was the league of villains that had taken them.

I'd been going to their house for a few weeks now and I could honestly say that I could call them friends. When I came out of my thoughts, I realised that I had made my way over to Ren's house subconsciously.

I looked around. The streets were empty. I walked up to the door and rung the doorbell. The door opened a minute later, Ren standing in the doorway. "Good afternoon Dabi. Came to have some fun with Todoroki?" she asked.

"Not really. Just wandered here and thought I'd drop by" I replied. She looked down either side of the street before letting me in. I walked in as Ren led me down the hall.

I was taken into the living room where a chess set was sitting on the table. Izumi was staring at the chess set, eyebrows furrowed as she tried to figure out how to move one of her pieces.

"Do you guys play chess often?" I asked. "Yep. We have a wins board" Ren replied, watching Izumi closely. I furrowed my brows and looked over at Takamatsu who pointed to a white board with his muzzle.

"Have you ever lost?" I asked Ren. "Against Izumi? No. She's pretty easy to beat" Ren replied. Izumi finally moved and Ren lookedd at her movement. Ren looked at it for a second before moving one of her pieces. "I win" Ren stated as Izumi looked at the board.

"Dammit. How do you always win?" Izumi asked, looking at the board. Ren just shrugged. I looked at Ren. I was now noticing how she looked today.

She had tied her long blue hair up in a ponytail although that didn't contain the curls in her hair. She was wearing a plain white top with a black cardigan and black leggings although she still had the fingerless gloves.

"I'm gonna start cooking lunch. Anyone want anything specific?" Ren asked. No one spoke up. She shrugged and went to the kitchen.

I sat on the couch for a few minutes. Ren was putting stuff into a mixing bowl. "Hey" I greeted. "Aren't you going to sit on the couch?" she asked. "Nah. Your friends aren't too chatty towards me" I replied.

She shrugged. "Why do you always wear fingerless gloves?" I asked randomly. "Oh...... Well my hands are scared so I prefer to hide the scars with gloves" she replied.

"Someone scared your hands?" I asked in shock. "I'm quirkless. I'm considered a burden and an inconvenience to those who have quirks. No one understands what it's like to be someone like me" she explained.

"Most people have quirks now. Its rare to see quirkless people in this day and age" I replied. "Yep. I rarely see other quirkless" Ren added.

We talked about a few other things until she had finished the food and taken it to the living room.