Ch9: Surprise

Dabi's pov

I hid the suit I had got in a bag so that the others wouldn't get suspicious before walking out of the building. I got all the way to Tamai's house and knocked.

Izumi had told me that Tamai was out so it was the perfect time to prepare the last few things before tonight. Izumi opened the door before gesturing for me to come inside, looking around in case someone saw.

"How did the shopping plan go?" I asked. "I convinced her that she needed new clothes and we got a nice dress with them" she explained.

"Now go upstairs to the bathroom and get ready. I need to set up at the place. The flowers and chocolates are in the living room next to Takamatsu" she explained, grabbing a bag and heading out the house.

I went to the bathroom and changed into the suit before walking down the stairs. Takamatsu was waiting, holding both tthe flowers and the box.

Before I could take them, the door handle began to move. Takamatsu pushed me into the living room, closing the door.

"Hey Takamatsu. Where's Miki?" Tamai asked. "Out. She had something to do" he replied. Tamai sighed. "Well. I'm going to go check on the-" "Why don't you go upstairs and change. I can check on them" Takamatsu cut in.

"Why?" Tamai asked. "Miki wants you to wear that new dress you got. She told me to tell you to put it on" Takamatsu explained. Tamai sighed again before walking up the stairs.

Takamatsu pushed the door open and gestured with his head for me to get outside. I picked up the box and flowers before leaving the house and waiting outside where no one would see me.

A light in the kitchen flashed on then off and I got up. That was the signal. I walked up to the door and knocked. There was a couple minutes of movement in the house before the door opened.

"Hey Tamai. I was wondering if you would like to accompany me on a date" I offered, handing her the two items I had been holding.

I got a look at the dress and I thought it looked good on her. She seemed unable to register what was going on since her mouth opened then closed a couple times.

"Are you being sencere?" she asked. "Yes. No lies here" I advised. She looked around before bowing her head. "Alright but I'm guessing you were working with Takamatsu and Miki because there is no possible way you knew what mmy favourite flower and favourite type of chocolate is without someone else advising you on it" she explained, looking in the box.

"Yeah. Miki told me white chocolate is your favourite" I laughed slightly, rubbing the back of my neck. "Give me a second" she explained.

She walked back into the house before returning with a small bag as well as a black fake furred jacket and black gloves that matched with the colours of the dress.

"Let's go" she spoke, walking along beside me as I led her to the place.