Ch23:

Dabi's pov

I walked over to Tamai who was working at her desk, looking at something. I slung my arms over her shoulders and placed my chin on her head.

"What you up to?" I asked, looking down at what she was writing. "New plan of attack. I want to give Tamaki some practice in fighting" she explained.

"But he's fought us before. Isn't that enough proof?" I asked. "No. I need to see how he fairs on our side" she explained.

I bit my lip but didn't comment. "Come on Amajiki. It's cute" I heard someone object.

I turned towards the source, as did Tamai. Raven and Toga were excitedly showing the indigo haired kid several different outfits.

I looked around the room. Izumi sat on the couch, watching the 3 teens. Shoto was sat on the floor next to his former classmates. Shigaraki sat in a corner, playing on a gaming console.

Kurogiri found himself busy with wiping some glasses which had been stacked on a shelf. Spinner, Twice, Magne and Compress were doing their own thing and Takamatsu had fallen asleep in a corner.

Tamai got up, resulting in mee having to take a step back. She walked up to a door and opened it, walking inside.

She came back out with a chunk of meat. "Tamaki" she smiled, walking up to him.

"What's going on?" Toga asked me, leaning over. I shrugged in response.

The kid turned to her. "I'd like to test your quirk so could you eat this?" she asked, handing him the chunk.

"What is it?" he asked in a mumble, looking at it. "Don't worry. I didn't poison it and it's safe for consumption" she assured.

He looked at it for a moment before taking a bite into it, creating a red stain around his mouth.

"Why are you listening to them Amajiki. Their villians" someone yelled. I turned around to see the green haired kid who was squirming about, trying to get out of his chains. Shoto was knelt next to him although his attention was focused on the middle of the room.

I turned back to the conversation. "What is this? Its really good" He explained, taking another bite. "I can tell you but first could you hold out your hand" Tamai explained.

Everyone was confused but the boy obeyed. "Alright now try and spark some lightning bolts from your fingers" she encouraged.

He seemed confused but began moving his fingers before small lightning bolts zapped from them. Everyone was surprised.

"How did he do that?" Shigaraki asked. "Looks like my theory was correct" Tamai smiled.

"About what?" Amajiki asked. "You being able to use the quirk of someone you eat" Tamai explained.

"This is a person?" Amajiki asked. "Don't worry. He's been dead for a while and you aren't the only one who eats human meat around here" Tamai assured, gesturing to Izumi and Takamatsu.

"You eat human?" I asked Izumi. "Have for years. Helps to strengthen my quirk" she explained, fiddling with a strand of hair. 'Things just got a lot stranger' I thought.