family

I woke up with Patrick laying next to me in our light blue room in our big bed with the light blue sheets. The sun was now starting to rise and come through the window in the room. I got out of bed and headed to the kitchen where I needed to cook breakfast. this all was the simple part, everything was normal here. our refrigerator and freezer was filed with foods I understood. as I cooked I herd a knock at the door. I walked through the living room and into the hall where the front door and stairs were and I opened it to find Pete dressed in black jeans and an old worldly T-shirt.

" come on in, I was just making breakfast" I said and he closed the door behind him and followed me to the kitchen.

"aren't you supposed to be at your job?" I asked him

"I am, I'm here to help you learn things." he said. "is Patrick up?" he asked me.

"yes." we herd coming through the door way.

"good, I have a friend outside who does the same job as me waiting on you to tale you to look for a job." Pete said.

"looks like I have no time to eat then" Patrick said and walked over to me and kissed me on my cheek.

"what are you going to do today?" Patrick asked me from now a room away.

"Pete said he would help me figure things here out." I yelled back to him but he was already back in the kitchen putting his shoes on.

"oh." Patrick said finishing up with his shoes. "well, wish me luck." he smiled.

"and don't worry about your breakfast, I'll eat it for you." Pete laughed put Patrick ignored him and gave me another kiss on the cheek before leaving.

-----------

Pete showed me how to work the washer and dryer, as he called them and walked me to a store and explained everything including the money, it all didn't seem as hard as I had initially thought. we walked around the block and he showed me the Dr.'s office and told me about all the jobs that were available. Pete even said I could get a job, which threw me for a loop. I began to think if I got a job what would I be. so I asked him what he thought as we walked back to my house.

"a teacher." he said as if the answer was obvious.

"but teachers are horrible and cold." I replied.

"no one is horrible and cold here." he laughed.

"then I think I would like the job as a teacher some day." I said.

-----------

when I got home and Pete left I wasn't really sure what to do, the big house was so empty and quiet. the silence made me miss the sounds of my brother and sister playing after they got home from school. I missed my family so much, I wished they knew I was okay, I wish I could see them, I wish they could be here too. I suddenly had a thought that made me wonder, what I'd Ben was Here? what if Patrick's sister Lucy was here? I also wondered if there was a way I could find out. Patrick. Every time I thought of him I missed him, he had to be home soon, it was getting dark out. suddenly I felt this strange need to be close to him, I wanted him to hug me and hold me to take the alone feeling away.

"Bethany?" I herd his voice call. my face lit up and I ran to where he was standing in the hall closing the front door behind him and kicking off his shoes. I threw my arms around him excitedly.

"I got a job!" he exclaimed and hugged me back.

"what do you do?" I asked exited to know.

"I help restore things. I love it! I go in tomorrow morning." he said proudly and I hugged him tighter. I pulled away from him a bit and looked into his eyes before kissing his lips softly, then I did it again and again making the time our lips were together longer each time. Patrick looked confused as I did this but kissed me back with his hands on my hips. as a bold move I decided to take off my shirt.

"I don't understand, we don't have to do this anymore." he said.

"are you attracted to me?" I asked him.

"yes" he answered

" then do you not want this too?" I asked feeling my answer already (sorry guys XD)

"you want to?" he asked me unsure.

"I do." I said and began to kiss his neck.

everything was gentle and it actually felt amazing, he made me feel a way that I never knew I could. I could feel that he loved me.

------------

the next few weeks I spent getting use to things, like the store. Patrick was gone for eight hours every day except one day a week. I had also spent some time looking for mine and Patrick's siblings. Patrick and I still wore each others rings even though we knew it meant nothing here, it still meant something to us. We had even gotten a car. it didn't take long for Pete to find a beautiful girl here either named Amy. one morning Patrick I had woken up to Pete pounding on my door.

"what's up?" I asked with curiousness to the crazy look on his face.

"they kicked out your family, I'm going to look for them, I should be back in a few days." he said quickly making my mouth drop. bit he didn't explain further, he just got into a car with another man, and left.

"oh god. What if their not okay?" I asked Patrick as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Pete will find them." Patrick said pulling me into his arms. the sun wasn't even up yet.

"the kids" I cried "what if they hurt them? they're so small." I bawled. suddenly I was struggling to get free of Patrick's grasp. he watched me puzzled as I ran to the bathroom.

"are you alright?" he asked me as I threw up but I didn't answer, I didn't know, I had never felt this before. he waited until I was done throwing up and picked me up careful to not jiggle me around too much, and put me in the car. he seemed scared.

"Patrick, I feel fine now. where are we going?" I asked once he had gotten in the drivers side of the car.

"the doctors office." he said as he pulled out of our drive way.

"why? I'm fine now." I said.

"I have never seen anyone throw up before, what if your going to die?" he argued. what if I was and I didn't know it?

hey guys, its not what you think, I just wanted to say that.