The Scoop

"Swept away" written by VeGirl 2014 © All Rights Reserved

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Morgan and the crew had been shooting nonstop for weeks and he was really looking forward to a couple of days off. They were already promoting the movie that was not yet finished.

Morgan was so glad when Isa decided to come with Hailey and him to Glasgow for a talk show.
An extra bonus was that Portia had got herself a real bad headache and had to stay home in bed. Isa and Hailey had gotten close over these few weeks and Morgan was really happy. They were in a great mood and joked around in the car on their way to Glasgow. Morgan was starting to get the hang of driving on the wrong side of the road, but still needed to focus harder than usual.

Finding the studio wasn't hard and getting in went smooth. When make-up was done, they sat down in green room watching the opening of the show. Isa told them she would be staying in there so she wouldn't mess anything up. She was thinking of the Late Night Show where she had made Morgan stutter like a fool.

The staff called Hailey and Morgan to stage and he gave Isa a kiss before they headed to the stage-entrance. They could hear Craig joking with his audience.

"Hey I haven't even pissed you off yet." He was looking into the camera with a flirty smile. "Just give me a chance, I'll piss you off." The crowd was roaring, and Morgan liked the guy already. He ran his opening lines and then the two actors got their cue.

"Ladies and gentlemen, let's welcome Morgan Gray and Hailey Gearhart!" The audience applauded and made serious noise as the couple walked out on stage.

Isa was sitting in the Greenroom and watching the show on the TV screen. She hadn't seen any of this Craig Fergusson's shows before but liked him already. Hailey told beforehand that he was an actor and writer as well as a host here on the show. Isa loved the Scottish accent. The info of him having filmed with Hailey before had totally slipped Isa's mind, but it was obvious on the show that they knew each other. Morgan was mostly sitting on the sidelines, laughing a bit as the two of them pulled jokes and chatted away.

"So, the two of you have a movie coming up in December, right?"

They nodded and smiled at the cheering audience. "Yes, that is correct, Craig."

"And in this film the two of you are married?" Again, the crowd cheered and Craig wiggled his brows while gesturing at the two of them. "And what a beautiful couple you are."

Morgan and Hailey laughed and she implied that he wasn't such a nice husband and Morgan suddenly had a grim look on his face wiggled his eyebrows in that flirty kind of way.

"No husband material there?" Craig said in a pretend intimate conversation with Hailey. "Told ya, didn't I?" He had a flirty look and a smile that lit up his face. "You should have gone with me instead."

Hailey laughed out loud and so did Morgan.

"So Morgan, beside the fact that you are a shooting star in the business right now, you've been called one of the most eligible bachelors in the business, what are your comments?"

"Not a bachelor at all. I'm off the market."

A chill went through Isa and with a pounding heart she watched him out her once again.

There were sighs', moans and flat out buuing going through the audience, and Morgan couldn't believe it. They needed to get accept that he had a personal life.

"You're off the market?" Craig asked surprised.

"Have been for a while now," Morgan answered with a smile.

"Wow; do you mean we have the scoop here?"

Morgan laughed. "Could my personal life really be that interesting?"

The audience absolutely roared with applause and shrieks. Craig just gestured toward the audience as an answer to his guest's question.

Well, I asked for it, Morgan thought and shrugged his brows. There was little worry about throwing Isa to the lions, but the rules were off. He knew she was sitting right outside the studio, watching and he smiled out at the audience that was still cheering. "What do you want to know?" He was feeling a bit tense, wondering if Isa would be cross with him.

That show host had a really glib expression on his face, and gestured to Hailey and Morgan. "A lot of people have found each other in the movie business. That's how Angelina and I ended up," he joked, making the audience laugh and applauds roared in the studio.

"Craig!" Hailey interrupted him. "Except, that it isn't me! The guy is cheating on me, I wouldn't want him," she joked.

This live audience was one of the most receptive Morgan had been around, and he had done a few shows by now. He was used to people shrieking in every public situation.

"What do we want to know?" Craig conferred the audience and again a roar erupted.

Morgan thought about the advantages with performing in front of a live studio audience, you had the instant feedback.

"Gina from Possibilities?" They all heard a voice yell from the audience.

The three people on stage laughed. "Are you trying to take my job away?" Craig jokefully scowled her, but then he turned to Morgan and bid for his answer.

"No, my girl isn't an actress." He smiled. "Even if she has been in one of the episodes, as an extra." He wiggled his eyebrows and the noise from the audience made Hailey laugh and lean closer to him.

"Are you really doing this?" She gave him a serious look, which the audience and the cameraman missed.

"A real mystery girl, then?" Now Craig was the one wiggling his brows. "Where did you meet her?"

Morgan laughed. "I met her in the make-up room on set." This started to look like a game of twenty questions.

"So she was doing your make-up and you saw her through a pink powdery cloud, and you, like; 'Hey baby, let's make out!', or something like that?"

Now Hailey and Morgan were laughing hard along with the audience. "Not really; it was more like me trying to scare her on location out in the woods in the middle of the night, full moon, with fangs and everything, and she just said; 'We could make out, but I don't want to ruin your make up, honey!' and I just lost it." Morgan told everybody with laughter threatening to burst.

"Yeah, she's a great girl!" Hailey confirmed.

"So, was it love at first sight... or bite?" Craig joked.

Morgan mused, and shrugged his brows again. "Like an uppercut," he said and everybody just squealed.

Isa sat in the greenroom, watching him on the screen. She couldn't believe what he was telling them. Wasn't this worse than her first outing? But at the same time she was longing to hear his point of view. They hadn't talked about those earlier encounters; Isa had only heard him tell her friends.

The crowd was going wild as Morgan spoke of this and Isa was feeling giddy, eager to hear more.

"But as much as I want to talk about my girlfriend, I want to say something about the amazing directing that Leonel is doing," Isa heard Morgan redirect the interview. "I am so glad to finally be working with him."

"Yes, I've had the privilige earlier, and he is a very talented man," Hailey commented.

Craig said something about when the movie premiere was and after a little more talk, the band started to play. Their time in the spotlight was over, and they left the studio, accompanied by clapping hands and a roaring crowd.

Soon the door to the green room opened and they walked up to Isa. Hailey smiled and Morgan had almost a guilty look on his face.

Isa tilted one of her eyebrow, making him sweat a bit. "So you outed me again?" She said cocky.

He slid his arms around her with a goofy smile. "You're irresistible!"

.