Family matter

"Starstuck Stalker" Rewritten by VeGirl 2014 © All Rights Reserved

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This time the trip to Greenville was different; this time they had a little girl with them.

Isa could hardly believe how many things they needed to bring; it was nothing like the light packing they had up until now. Clothes and toys, diapers and formula was suddenly part of their life now, and Isa was lucky to have two men by her side to carry this burden and joy. She was impressed by the responsibility with which Morgan had taken the news about their new family member; they were suddenly a family, and he had just said 'of course' with such ease and assertiveness that Isa was totally blown away.

She never demanded that he would take on the responsibility that God had dropped in her lap, but he did it anyway, and he did it with a smile.

Morgan and Robert had decided to protect Isa and Estelle as much as they could at the airport, and that was why they waited a fraction as Isa went ahead with Estelle on her arm. They were both tired and none of them were ready to deal with the hysteria of press and fans. Even outside the door Isa took a cab of her own back to their apartment building where Morgan and Robert arrived just when Isa got out of the cab. She was relieved when nobody had noticed her at the airport, despite the fact that people had start to notice her as Morgan's fiancée around town before she left.

It was a relief to have Robert in the same building, knowing he would do everything to keep Estelle safe. The guys helped to get everything in place and they settled her things in Morgan and Isa's bedroom.

"Are you sure you don't want me to take her?" Robert asked.

"Won't it be easier for us since there's two of us?" Morgan suggested to their surprise. "But she's your niece, I wouldn't dream of keeping her from you," he added quickly when he saw their bemused expressions.

A slow smile spread on Roberts face. "We can make out the lines as we go. I'll be here when you need any time off."

~ ~ ~

Life rolled on for a few days, when Morgan got a call from his parents. They asked them to come down for Sunday dinner and Morgan said a grateful Thanks'. Isa was a bit anxious when they took the car, the two hour drive to meet his parents.

"Don't you think you should have told them?" Isa asked again.

"No, I don't want to ruin the surprise," she said, making her question his sanity. How would they react to this new turn of event that Isa brought into their life? They had never seen her as the gold digger Isa had feared they would, but what about now?

Estelle was fast asleep in her baby car seat and Morgan lifted her carefully out of it when they had parked on his parents' driveway. She moaned a little, but then she opened her blue eyes and gave him her trademark huge smile, which melted both his heart and Isa's.

"Stop worrying now sweetie," he said and Isa realized it was her he referred to when he took her hand. She looked surprised at his smiling face. "I've felt the tension radiating out of you." He took her hand.

With Estelle on his arm and holding her hand, they walked in through the front door and met Joanne and Derrick in the hallway. Their faces showed all the joy Isa had expected, and then all the surprise she had feared, as their eyes stopped on Estelle.

"Thank you for the welcoming," Morgan said tart when his parents had totally lost their ability to speak.

"I'm sorry; you are so welcome, but what is this?"