-9-

to say phil was confused, was an understatement. him and dan were walking back to his place, they decided they were going to get academics out of the way. thank god they were school partners, meaning they had every class together and so that meant they had the same homework so they could help each other. everyone had a school partner, they could either choose to befriend them, the intential purpose, or ignore them.
"when am i ever going to use the knowledge of a stem cell?" dan flung himself onto the bed. "is a robber going to break into my house and say, 'i won't rob you unless you tell me the powerhouse of the cell!' jesus. i'm going to kill someone!" phil backed away, giggling slightly. "phil, why would i kill you?" he asked playfully.
'because i'm going to kill you!' he flung himself off the bed and tackled dan. they burst into a fit of giggles.
---------🌸
"phil! i thought you had my back!!" dan threw his hands onto his face.
'i died, the narrative even said i did.' he signed.
"maybe i should be player one, you obviously can't handle it." he reached to take the controller.
'no, i'm always player one, we just need to get into the groove.' he started the level back up again.

//level: nine// scene: cafetorium//
player one: mikey
player two: jeremy

mikey expertly threw over his tools over the items blocking the hallway before he, himself, jumped over. quickly he grabbed his gun and shot the zombie students infront of him. he turned back around and helped jeremy up, who was finishing off the zombies behind them.
they faced back to back, taking out every zombie waiting in the classrooms. finally, they reached the boss. he sat on a desk that was stacked on tables. the big brain zombie.
"you, think you can defeat me? well you can try." before mikey or jeremy could take a shot at him, a glass shield appeared in front of him.
suddenly, a wave of zombies appeared. mikey and jeremy nodded at each other. they knew they needed to save their ammo, meaning. headshots only.
mikey pulled out his signature machine rifle, one he and his mother constructed together, before his mother had gotten eaten. right in front of him.
jeremy ran to the other side of the cafetorium, climbing onto another pile of tables. he pulled out his own signature sniper rifle. it didn't have any special backstory. it was just the first gun he'd ever stolen. so.
the two were a great team. after each wave of zombies, jeremy wpuld puncture the glass, some bullets even hitting the big brain zombie. whenever mikey was fighting a zombie and one snuck up behind him, jeremy would take it out. he only had eleven rounds in a magazine, so he used it to protect mikey. mikey had a magazine size of a hundred rounds. but, he still had to be careful.
mikey had a steady hand when it came to aiming, but he wasn't as quick as jeremy who could easily get to a target, but had to take longer if he wanted a precision shot. finally, the waves were over, the big brain zombie came out of his protective shell. he gave the heroes a key, the to the antidote for the zombie apocalypse. then, jeremy shot him. marking their level victory.
--------
dan pulled phil into a hug, "we did it!!"
'i had like one hp left. thank god' he smiled. and it wasn't from the statement, it was from the contact with dan. they pulled out from the hug.
"we can do level ten next week. it'll be fun. still can't believe we did nine levels in one sitting." he got up and grabbed their discarded chip bag. that had been the only time they disregarded food. but, it had gotten in the way. he sat back down and placed the bag next to him.
phil nodded sleepily.
"maybe we could invite pj and chris over and they could decipher your sign so it'd be easier to play. but then again, it takes them longer to-" phil had completely dozed off and fell asleep on dan's lap.
dan couldn't say he wasn't content with this position, but he had to get phil to bed properly. he waited for him to sleep for a couple more minutes, before picking him up bridal style and placing him on the bed. he began tucking phil in when he started reaching out for him, dan.
'lay down' he lazily signed. dan rolled his eyes. before laying down close to him, phil snuggled into his warm chest. the two laid there for the night.

//787//

sorry but be more chill is my favorite musical. and i can't not reference it. but i'll try to stoppppp ;)))))