Chapter 23

"I have to tell Soon-ja" you whispered to yourself in the taxi.

"What was that mam?"

"Sorry nothing" you muttered to the confused driver.

You were sat in the backseat, just about to arrive at home when you quickly changed your mind.

"Actually, uh- Excuse me sir, could you drop me off at the boardwalk instead?"

"Certainly, Ma'am"

You fiddled with your bracelet nervously, gazing out the window as you passed by the safety of your house.

I don't have a choice.

She needs to know that Ursula might be onto me.

Maybe she can help...

Ignoring the urge to jump straight into the ocean, not really wanting to risk that again, you quickly paid your fare to the driver and started walking towards the crowd of people.

Weaving in and out as fast as you could, you half-sprinted all the way to the souvenir shop.

Bursting through the door as soon as you arrived, the chime crashed loudly against the glass.

"YAH!!" Soon-ja's startled voice came bellowing from the office.

"Ajumma! It's me! I-I need to talk to you!" You called, immediately going over to her slightly ajar office door.

You paused outside to await her response.

"Well come in then, do you expect me to get up and open the door for you?" She sneered, narrowing her eyes at you as you entered and sat opposite her.

You didn't say anything yet, the first words of what you had to say were lost on you in her presence.

"Well what is it child! Spit it out!"

"T-Taehyung knows I'm a mermaid, a-and so does Jimin! But I didn't tell them I swear I didn't! And then there was this sonar and then divers, and I had powers! I called a dolphin! And I don't know what any of it means! I was so scared and I-I think Ursula I-um-I mean Hyun-joo knows"

She was staring at you like you just flew in from crazy town, your sudden outburst having not registered to her yet.

You sat there in awkward silence, waiting for her to catch up.

Not exactly the approach I intended but too late now...

You watched as her face twisted into a severe look of anger, unlike you'd ever seen before. Her hand was grasping onto the arms of her chair like she was about to try and snap them off.

Her eyes pierced through you and she leaned slightly forward.

"Get. Out." She snarled, voice low and demanding.

"B-But Ajumm-"

"NOW!" She screamed, throwing the book she was holding directly at you.