TNL x Ch 10

Weeks Later, Move In Day

Shawn's Confessional: I'm so excited for this new chapter in my life. I'm done with high school and its bullshit. I cannot stress it enough that I am officially and adult so, I can do whatever I want. Darius thinks i'm still a baby but, this boy is now a man.

Quez isn't helping me pack because, he had to get back to campus a little bit early to start training for draft picks and that good stuff. He's gonna help me get settled in once I get the apartment.

I don't know too much about college but the stuff I hear, see in movies, TV shows, and on social media. I know some of that shit is made up just for ratings and shit but, at least half of it should be true right?

I am currently in my room packing up the last little things I need for college. I basically start a new life at college but I gotta leave my old one back here at home. I have to leave my friends, and Darius bitch ass, nah I lover my big bro.

Darius and Quez is really the reason I'm going to college because, they inspires me to start my own business. I just want to make them proud. Even though we are financial stable, I was taught to not ask for things and go out and get it yourself, the right way. That's why I am going to college. Plus, i'm pregnant by the next NBA star....Marquez Gatewood.

I walked down to the living room. When I got to the living room, I saw Darius and Gio and Darius was putting his shoes on. "Hey Darius, are you excited about me leaving?" I asked, smiling. He just looked at me like I was crazing or something. He stood up and walked over to me and spoke...

"Shawn, baby bro, I am excited about you leaving but at the same time, i'm kind of sad that my only bro is going away." He said, fake crying. He play too much. I just gave him a hug. "Its ok Darius, i'm doing this to become someone later in the future and to make you proud." I spoke.

"Yeah Darius, stop all that bitch shit nigga. He leaving. Be glad nigga, you can have all the bitches over now and all the parties, and don't forget about the privacy!" Gio interrupted.

After our small talk,  I grabbed the last few bags and headed downstairs to load up my car. When I got to the garage, we went to the car. After the car was fully loaded,  "Be careful baby bro, and don't be doing nasty ass shit while you're up there. Keep your head in those books. Understand me?" Darius asked. I just nodded and we hugged again. "I love you Shawn." Darius said. I said it back, gave and got in the car to hit the road.

Shawn's POV: "Aw Darius, bro, I'm only going away for a few months and I'll be back for breaks to see you." I said, walking over to him to give him a bro hug. A tear fell and he tried to suck it up. Trying be all hard.  I felt bad because, Darius is all I have other than Quez. He's been there for everything. He's going to make a good uncle one day. "You're such a big baby. I'll be back. I promise". I said, walking back to the driver's side of my car.

Shawn's Confessional: While I was driving, it was too quiet so I put on one of my favorite songs to get the vibe going, In My Feelings, by Drake.....

[Drake;]

Kiki, do you love me? Are you riding?
Say you'll never ever leave from beside me
'Cause I want ya, and I need ya
And I'm down for you always
KB, do you love me? Are you riding?
Say you'll never ever leave from beside me
'Cause I want ya, and I need ya
And I'm down for you always

Look the new me is really still the real me
I swear you gotta feel me before they try and kill me
They gotta make some choices they runnin' out of options
'Cause I've been goin' off and they don't know when it's stoppin'
And when you get to toppin', I see that you've been learnin'
And when I take you shoppin', you spend it like you earned it
And when you popped off on your ex he deserved it
I thought you were the one from the jump that confirmed it
TrapMoneyBenny
I buy you Champagne but you love some Henny
From the block like you Jenny
I know you special, girl, 'cause I know too many

Shawn's POV: While I was thinking about my future, I had arrived at the college, UNCG. The house of the Spartans. When I looked out of the window, I seen LOTS of people. Damn! All of these people are freshman?

I parked my car by the office so I know what dorm building i'll be staying in. I got out and went inside of the office. When I got in there, it was a pretty long line. I guess other people had the same idea as me.

After a while, I finally got to speak to one of the secretaries in the office. "Good Morning, how can I help you?" The secretary asked with a smile. I smiled back. "Hi, yes. I'm here to get my things for this semester" I said. She started to type on her computer.

She then proceed to ask me what my name was and things like that. After about 25 minutes of her typing shit in her computer, I got to take my ID picture, and headed out of the office. I walked back to my car, got in,. and headed in the direction of the apartment me and Quez will be sharing.

When I got there, I got out, called Quez so he could come and help me. After about five minutes of waiting, he finally came down and started moving my shit to our apartment. After about two hours of moving and organizing my stuff into the shared space, I took a power nap! This is my new life for the next four years.
================================