TNL x Ch: 9

Three Months Later.....

Dashawn's Confessional: Summer vacation was slowing coming to an end. I'm starting at UNCG this fall. Quez and I are going to the same school. Its going to be his senior year and my freshman year.

Although things are still rocky with Darius and Quez, they sometimes put their differences aside for me. I really hope that they can get it together by the time the baby gets here. Other than that, i'm really excited about starting college. I heard it was better than high school.

I'm ready to have a new experience. The reason why I chose UNCG is because they don't require for freshman to live on campus their first year. also, i'm with child so, I have to stay off-campus. Lucky for me though, Quez has an apartment up there that his mom is paying for because of his little incident this summer.

Quez's POV: "Yo Shawn! Where you at?" I asked, as I walked into his house. "Up here!" he yelled back. I shut the door behind me and walked up the stairs, and into his room. He was sitting on the edge of the bed on his phone, looking at videos on Instagram.

"You good?" I asked, like the concerned baby daddy I am. He looked up and turned to face me, "Yeah, I'm fine." he responded in a nonchalant way. I don't like the way he responded so, I furthered my questioning.

I walked over to the bed and sat down next to him. "You sure? I feel like there's something you want to get off your chest." I said looking at him. His looked me in my eyes and let a heavy sigh. Yeah he got something to get off his chest.

"Can I ask you something?" he asked. "Shoot." I said back. "I want you to be completely honest with me. I don't want anything but honesty and transparency for our situation." He said. Now I'm starting to get nervous like, what the hell I do? I just nodded

"I know you're going into the NBA after college and drafts are coming up soon....." he trailed off. I just nodded to let him know that I was listening. "How do you feel about me having this baby?" he asked.

WHOA! Damn, just laid it on me huh? I really wasn't expecting him to ask me something like that. "I mean....I'm not 100% ready to be a dad but at the same time, I have feeling for you and we did what we did to get to this point so, I have no choice but to man-up and be a dad to my baby and good boyfriend to you." I spoke.

He seem to soaking in what I just said to him and he started to smile. That's my baby. he gave me a big hug. "I love you, Gatewood." He said, calling me by my last name. I wrapped my arms around his and spoke, "I love you too Bennet."

"Have you started packing for college?" I asked. "I haven't. Are you going to help me pack?" Shawn asked. I stood up, and he stood up too. "I have to leave next week because, I have to start training for the draft picks. Plus, I'll help you once you get to Greensboro." I spoke.

I don't even know why I said something because, he started to argue with me. I didn't mean to let him know last minute but, my coach didn't tell me until yesterday. 

After our little enlargement, I gave Shawn some of this Act Right, and then headed home to start packing myself. I have to start getting ready for picks because I wanna be know in the NBA and provide a better life for me, my mama, and baby. I just need for Shawn to understand and support me. I gotta do what I have to do because....Thugs Need Love.

A/N: I know this Chapter was short but this was a filler for what's to come in the future.