Chapter 3

(FLASHBACK: Birnin Zana, Wakanda, 2:00 am)

The early morning city lights were wandering around as some foreign tourists spent their graveyard hours of pleasure. Some of the locals were slumbering in the city suburbs. On an active nightlife street, a blue haired man named Vulcan Sunstrider brought his wife for a vacation.

They headed to a local restaurant with a live Wakandan drum music. The couple found a seat and watched a live performance while a balded waitress approached them. They took their menu started ordering their meal.

" Honey, I didn't know that there are 24 hour restaurants here, " the turquoise haired woman named Reese said. " I really like it! "

" Maybe, we should move here dear and start our family cause, " her husband smiled and kissed her cheeks. " This city is amazing. "

" Yeah, this country is better than Remnant. I wish to live here, forever. "

" Same here and no worries of Grimm, then. It's settled. Maybe, we could get a place with a good view of the city. "

" Of course! " she held Vulcan's hand.

The waitress served the meal when the couple started eating and enjoyed them. The performers danced following the loud drumbeat. Pausing their performance, the crowd noticed a meteorite coming from the sky, Vulcan and Reese widened their eyes in shock. The people around them got surprised.

" Honey, did you see that? " Reese curiously asked.

" Yes, it looked like a meteorite. I wonder where it's gonna hit. Hopefully far from the city and not on anyone else. "

Suddenly, it crashed somewhere on the grassy fields as the couple got alarmed. The crowd started to ran away for their safety. The Wakandan Army was ready to defend the city. There were hovering vehicles all over the place. A loud siren alerted when the people had left the place. Vulcan and Reese turned around and decided to leave.

" I think we should get out of here and go back to the hotel, " she anxiously said. Vulcan looked at his wife while looking at the crashed site and holding her hand.

" Perhaps, it's the best thing, " he assured. " I don't have my weapon with me. I never want any harm coming to you. You're the most important thing for me, Reese cup. Money can be gained anytime and anywhere. "

" Right. "

Suddenly, two of the Infinity Avengers appeared as they both recognized the long-haired mutant man in black from Remnant. He stood beside the blonde Lunivian woman dressed in green sleeveless suit who was the bearer of the Time Stone.

" Gladius? " Reese raised her voice in astonishment. " What are you doing here? "

" Nice to see you again Fernal and I see you got an upgrade to yourself."

" Yeah, it's been a while, Vulcan, " Gladius smiled. " Katean and I found you on the streets. "

" Meister Gladius asks you to leave immediately, " Katean warned. " It's dangerous to remain here. "

" What do you mean?! "

" That thing that touched down is not a normal lump of rock. Is it Gladius? "

The mutant looked at the distance. The large space boulder was still sizzling and releasing mist. The Remnite couple trembled in fear.

" Yeah, that ain't no ordinary rock, guys. That's something else. "