Chapter 9

(Splicership Menkis-Syn, Wakanda)

" How long are you going to be persistent for? " Sivarius growled.

The control room was a wreck from the Nova bomb. Stray circuitry showered sparks from the ceilings and walls like a flood, pieces of metal from the walls and floor stuck out to form hazards in the shape of spikes and other crude shapes; yet the team still stood tall against Sivarius despite the blast they were forced to withstand. The Splicer-Guardian hybrid toyed with his katana in front of them in a display of mockery.

" Well, you have choices, " Carol sternly answered. " Get out of our planet or die! "

" Yeah, you know? These humans are struggling with your toys, " Tengfei added.

" Let's break him down, y'all! " Maverick angrily cried.

" This has been a curse for too long Sivarius, we're ending this here and now, " Levi staunchly proclaimed.

" It's unfortunate to see how low you've fallen, " Sivarius retorted.

Carol had understood what the evil warlock had meant. Aside from Levi, she recalled what happened few days ago. It was the same person who tormented and left her tremendously failed in the throne room. That scenario had brought back her drinking problems in the past.

This time, Carol wanted to fight back along with the fire team and redeem her true heroic deeds not just for anyone else or herself, but to her son from a different universe or timeline who had faithfully looked up to her alternate self ever since and encouraged her to fight along with his friends in this universe. She turned to Levi and the two Kree men and knew what to do.

" This is for you, Amnon. I'll be back safe and kick this bad guy out of here. We can win this together! " the half-Kree woman determinedly thought and summoned the three men. " Okay. Shall we, boys? "

" That's my line you son of a bitch! " Levi yelled as he spawned his axe in his hand again and charged towards Sivarius.

The Splicer Guardian immediately countered his attack with a Katana block, but Levi was quick to work around it; forming a small Solar grenade in his hand and slamming it into Sivarius' flank. The Splicer flew across the room and hit one of the metal walls, but was back on his feet in seconds.

Maverick glowed his hands and taunted the SIVA warlock, " Yo freak! Come and get me! "

Sivarius yelled a curse in Eliksni at the group before drawing his rifle and aiming; firing his onslaught of three shot bursts at him.

" Oh that hurts, dude! " he tauntingly laughed and quickly dodged.

Sivarius hurled another curse, but this time followed it up by tossing a grenade at Maverick. The pink Kree man jumped away into safety and blasted him from behind. Sivarius was quick to match the attack with his sword, negating the blasts by slicing them with his blade. At that moment, he exposed himself to Carol and Tengfei.

" Colonel Danvers, it's our turn, " the Kree SHIELD Agent held his Void stone.

" Got it! " she nodded.

The two closed their eyes and concentrated further on their Infinity Stones. The SIVA warlock became more impatient in waiting which he wanted to impale them instantly. Suddenly, the radiant energies of the Void and Mind Stone accumulated and combined as they aimed at Sivarius. He was terrified in seeing them both as Carol's eyes turned to bright yellow and Tengfei's eyes into dark indigo.