Raise Us Review

I really enjoyed the album. I think oneus is a group with a music taste closest to my own. I mean, Youngjo & mine's music tastes are very similar.

Here are my rankings/thoughts:

1) Intro : Time
Wow I can't believe an intro track is my favorite song. It's short, but really impactful. It caught my ear the moment I heard it. Dongju's part at the beginning? Wow. Haha my jaw actually dropped when Dongju came in. And when they say "burning" it's so perfect??

2) English Girl
Obviously, a classic. This song harbors so many memories for me. This was my fav predebut song, and still remains that. It's nice to finally get a studio version. In fact, it's been upgraded a lot. They re-recorded it and added a few background things that really perfect the song.

3) Twilight
I like the soft vocals a lot. When they sing in their lower register, it's really soothing. And when they'd have a lower voice sing with a higher one. Like Geonhak & Seoho together...wow... But like, Hwanwoong's rap part and soft vocals in beginning really contrast well. We love boys with range & versatility.

4) BingBing
It's a good song, but it didn't catch my ear as much. It reminds me of Keonhee doing like a flag dance to that song idk the title but the lyrics go "get away out of my face". Anyway, Youngjo singing "bingbing" is just really nice to me. Idk, I'm whipped for him. And Seoho's high notes.

5) Now
Again, didn't catch my ear as much as the others. But I like the edm vibes. Cosmic Girl is a really good producer and I really like her songs.

6) White Night
Sorry, I don't really like ballads. It's not that this is a bad song, I'm just not a ballad fan. But I think this would be really pretty live, without choreo, one of the songs they just stand and sing simply.

Overall, I really enjoyed the album. I wish there was a rap track, and maybe more songs the members worked on. I know they're still credited, but they're always last.

I will be buying my album soon, so let's go!! Really hoping for a nice Youngjo photocard, of course, but they're all so pretty. I'll try not to get my hopes up. Also kinda :\ cause the store I buy from gives freebies out, but they don't have oneus freebies, so they'll awkwardly tell me they don't have any and pass me a list of stuff they do have.

UPDATE:
I've been listening to the album nonstop today and, I gotta say, the b-side tracks are really growing on me. BingBing is climbing up the ranks.