Chapter Eleven.Five: Chelsea.

Chelsea's point of view:

Silence fell over the small area. My hands fumbled around in the darkness to find the phone that rested on the night stand beside me. I was going to get out of here before Mary could get the chance to wake up and start annoying me. I was already dressed and not to mention, fully anticipating today. Although Aaron had stolen some of my thunder, I was hell bent to have a great time no matter what.

Stepping into the morning air, I inhaled deeply. I had always been a morning person, I guess I might have gotten that from my daddy. I always saw him up and doing something early in the mornings. I couldn't say. 

One slender hand rested on my brow, allowing me to look into the distance. This morning was cold, colder than usual. Then again, this was Memphis, not Kileen. Not Texas where Dahlia and I had been raised.

In one hand, I clutched my cell phone. Who should I call? I slid the screen upward, scanning the contacts.

Aaron? No, he's probably not awake.

Mommy? Not her either.

Maybe Dahlia? No, she's way to lazy to be awake.

Daddy! That's who I'll call. I bet he's awake.

I pressed call and held the speaker to my ear, wrapping one narrow hand around my body to protect myself from the chill of the wind.

"Hello?" Daddy said. He sounded groggy but I could tell he had been awake for a while.

"Hi daddy." I said, smirking.

"Hi baby, what's up?"He sounded more cheery now that he knew it was me on the phone.

"Daddy can you come get me? I don't wanna be here when Mary get's up. She's going to annoy m--.." I fell silent when I came to a realization, "That's right you're not in Memphis.."

"Where are you baby?" He asked.

"But what's it matter? You're not in Memphis." 

"Just tell me where you are, Chelsea." He repeated.

"I'm at the cabin's behind Graceland."

"Are you outside of your cabin?" He asked.

"Yeah," I paused, "Why are you asking?"

"Put on your dress and a jacket." He instructed and hung up.

I walked into the cabin and maneuvered myself quietly over to my bed and got out an black and white dress that fell to the top of my knees. It had a large red bow that stretched over the waist and a hair band with a flower on it to match. White stockings and black Mary Jane's with a silver heart shaped locket completed my look. Looking myself over in the mirror, I nodded approvingly. 

I am ready for this, I told myself silently. I can do this. I will impress Charlie and wow JD. I am going to blow the entire room away and get a standing ovation. They will want more of me by the time I'm done.

With one more swift nod, I swept my black jacket from the bed and draped it over my shoulders. Giving myself one last glance, I adjusted my pre-curled hair and fixed the head band. It was odd how different Dahlia and I were. She was a goody,goody who wore long dresses and dark stockings, but not me. I was a rebel, just like my mother.

Stepping quietly into the morning light, I pulled the door shut behind me. Finally I would get to escape the wrath of Mary. Turning on my heels, a red truck sat before me in front of the steps to my cabin. Daddy peered at me from the drivers seat.

"You look beautiful Chelz. Ready to go?" He asked, curling his lip into a half smile.

"Yeah, but I thought you weren't in Memphis, daddy. How'd you get here?" I questioned, taking my time to come down the steps.