Forgive to be forgiven

The kingdom of heaven is like a human king who wished to settle accounts with his attendants.

When he began the accounting, one was brought to him who owed him 10,000 talents [probably about $10,000,000](that's a huge debt)

And because he could not pay, his master ordered him to be sold, with his wife and his children and everything that he possessed, and payment to be made.

So the attendant fell on his knees, begging him, Have patience with me and I will pay you everything.

And his master's heart was moved with compassion, and he released him and forgave him [cancelling] the debt

But that same attendant, as he went out, found one of his fellow attendants who owed him a hundred denarii [about twenty dollars]; and he caught him by the throat and said, Pay what you owe!

So his fellow attendant fell down and begged him earnestly, Give me time, and I will pay you all !

But he was unwilling, and he went out and had him put in prison till he should pay the debt.

When his fellow attendants saw what had happened, they were greatly distressed, and they went and told everything that had taken place to their master.

Then his master called him and said to him, You contemptible and wicked attendant! I forgave and cancelled all that [great] debt of yours because you begged me to.

And should you not have had pity and mercy on your fellow attendant, as I had pity and mercy on you?

And in wrath his master turned him over to the torturers (the jailers), till he should pay all that he owed.

So also My heavenly Father will deal with every one of you if you do not freely forgive your brother from your heart his offenses.
                                    Matthew 18:23-35

As you were forgiven and shown mercy by God, so also do the same to your fellows, forgive and show mercy to those who wrong you.

I

t i is very clearly stated in the Lord's prayer.
...
And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.

For if you forgive people their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

But if you do not forgive others their trespasses [their reckless and willful sins, leaving them, letting them go, and giving up resentment], neither will your Father forgive you your trespasses.

Do you want God's  forgiveness? - then you must forgive those who have wronged you.

But they keep on doing the same thing every time! So how many times will I forgive them?

Matthew 18:21
T

hen Peter came up to Him and said, Lord, how many times may my brother sin against me and I forgive him and let it go? (As many as) upto seven times

Jesus answered him, I tell you, not up to seven times, but seventy times seven!

There's no way around that, it is as simple as stated. If we are to be forgiven we must first forgive those who wronged us.

Mark 11:25-26
And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and let it drop (leave it, let it go), in order that your Father Who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop.

[26]But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings.

If it means praying that the LORD may help you calm down, maybe take away the bitterness and anger raging in you and help you to forgive and let go of that resentment, I'd advice you go for it.

#Forgive your fellows that God in Heaven may forgive you of your sins.
#Forgive to be Forgiven