Change Fate

Earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working].
James 5:16

Changing Fate
Reference: ¶Genesis 16,17
                    ¶James 5:16

And when Sarai dealt severely with her[Hagar], humbling and afflicting her, she [Hagar] fled from her.

At that time Hagar was expectant.

The Angel of the Lord found her by a spring of water in the wilderness on the road to Shur.

And He prophesied about the baby Hagar was carrying in her womb.

She will bear a son and shall name him Ishmael (God hears).

[12]And he [Ishmael] will be as a wild ass among men; his hand will be against every man and every man's hand against him, and he will live to the east and on the borders of all his kinsmen.
Genesis 16:12

That was the prophesied destiny of Ishmael(you might agree that it's not a pleasing one).

But take a look at what happens later on.

Genesis 17,
When Abraham was 99 years old the LORD appeared to him and spoke about circumcision and his promises to Abraham.

And in verse 18 of chapter 17, Abraham prays for Ishmael.

[18]And [he] said to God, Oh, that Ishmael might live before You!
Genesis 17:18

Abraham's prayer is an illustration of James 5:16 .That a prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

It changes destiny and fate.

God responds in verse 20 and assures bless Ishmael because of Abraham's prayer!

[20]And as for Ishmael, I have heard and heeded you: behold, I will bless him and will make him fruitful and will multiply him exceedingly; He will be the father of twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation. [Fulfilled in Gen. 25:12-18.]
Genesis 17:20

Praise be to God!

This could only mean that we who have been called by God can also stand up and pray on behalf of others for their transformation!

Listen it's not your job to change people by your strength.

What you can do though is seek God to intervene in the situation.

I can tell you I am now at ease than I was before I found out this truth.

Now, I trust into God for the lives of my beloved ones.

I am grateful now that I realized getting all worked up doesn't bring any change.

For as it is written, Hebrews 11:6 Without faith it is impossible to please God.

I have learnt to plead on their behalf that the LORD may intervene in their lives.

And as I pray I avoid making negative comments out of doubting God's ability to turn the tables around.

Please if you identify with this I can only urge you not to get worked up but pray without ceasing until something happens.

Just pray
And Let God have his way.

Remember,
When advice fails, when rehab fails, when confronting makes it worse, when silence grieves, when everything else won't work,remember that prayer worketh miracles and the prayer of a righteous man availeth much.(don't wait for everything else to fail either, run to God. God hears)

#Pray without ceasing.
For nothing is impossible with God. For what is impossible to man is p