Marriage Patner?

Are you searching for answers to your questions concerning a marriage partner?

Well, I am not providing answers to your questions but introducing a chapter from the book of Genesis that may have what you are looking for.

Spend some time meditating on Genesis chapter 2 and humbly ask the LORD for a revelation.

The words in bold carry a deeper meaning.

Genesis 1:1,
[1]IN THE beginning God (prepared, formed, fashioned, and) created the heavens and the earth. [Heb. 11:3.]
Genesis 2:1
[1]THUS THE heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
(Finish: an end; the end of anything)
- God first created a home for man and so he formed and fashioned the earth. He prepared a home for man to prepare him for the future. This is before God created the woman.

Genesis 2:15,
[15]And the Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to tend and guard and keep it.

Tend, guard and keep may represent work. The man was tending,guarding and keeping the garden... Adam got busy in the garden he was actually working there. He was put in the garden to work in it.

Genesis 2:16-17,
[16]And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, You may freely eat of every tree of the garden;
[17]But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and blessing and calamity you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.

The above are the instructions given to Adam by God. God gave him instructions on how to live in the garden and. Man had fellowship with God. There was a close relationship between God and man. That is how the man knew the desire of God through the fellowship.

Genesis 2:18,
[18]Now the Lord God said, It is not good (sufficient, satisfactory) that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper meet (suitable, adapted, complementary) for him.
- I am thinking that this verse also indicates that the man obeyed God's instruction earning him the approval to be favoured. God now looks into his situation. The man is lonely and needs company.

Genesis 2:18,
Then the LORD God said,"It is not good that the man should be alone, "I will make him a helper fit for him."
Fit: √Suitable
         √Adapted to a purpose
          √Prepared; ready
            √To confirm in size and
               shape.
                √To be in agreement
                  with.
                    √To adjust
                       √To be in 
                           harmony.
A helper who will fit
Genesis 2:20,
[20]And Adam gave names to all the livestock and to the birds of the air and to every [wild] beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found a helper meet (suitable, adapted, complementary) for him.

Now what? The helper is not in the garden.
Who is making his business to look for a helper for the man? Isn't it God?
What is the man doing?
He is busying himself in the garden, tending, guarding, and keeping it. In fact he is working on his new project that God gave him to name the animals.
So,What do you think?

Moving on...,
Genesis 2:21,
[21]And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam; and while he slept, He took one of his ribs or a part of his side and closed up the [place with] flesh.
Sleep?
√ Inattentive, unconcerned
√Not to be vigilant(watchful, observant)
√To live thoughtlessly
√ To wait for a period of time without performing action.

And when God made the woman the man was fast asleep.

Genesis 2:22,
[22]And the rib or part of his side which the Lord God had taken from the man He built up and made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.
Made: (past participle of make);create.
Create; (transitive) To design, to invest with a new form, shape...

After creating the woman,
God brought her to the man.
Brought from the word bring.
Bring to mean to lead; to guide.
It also means (transitive) to transport to somebody/somewhere. :) Awesome!

Genesis 2:23,
[23]Then Adam said, This [creature] is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of a man.

Adam was asleep when God made the woman. How did he know that the woman is the bone of his bone? It is not written that God told him what he did.

He saw what was in agreement with him...what could unite with him and become one thing with him. After discovering that he could unite with the woman he said something.

Genesis 2:24,
[24]Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and shall become united and cleave to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. [Matt. 19:5; I Cor. 6:16; Eph. 5:31-33.]

Change of title. Woman to wife. This happens after the man leaves his parents.( First fulfilling the requirements needed to unite with the woman. Respect. Instead of  cleaving to the woman who is not yet his wife, he first makes her a wife then cleaves to her)
Oh LORD my God may you speak to your people as they study your word in Jesus name Amen.