One

The kingdom of UA was not a peaceful place, but it wasn't chaos either. It was the thin line between order and anarchy, something most enjoyed. One thing that it was always, was conquered. The entire continent had been discovered, not a single place went unmapped. There were, however, places nobody dared to venture.

The shrine of Katsuki Bakugo was one of them.

The trees around his forest edge were clawed and mangled, scented with the pheromones of anger. They were a warning not to trespass on his territory, and the last man who tried was found clawed and half dead.

____ was an idiot.

She could cook and clean, butcher and kill, even fight, but could not for the life of her understand a joke or taunt. She'd been poked and prodded all her life, tricked into doing things through her ignorance. So when a couple of mean girls from her class convinced her to take an offering of food to his shrine, ___ had done so that afternoon.

With a bowl of rice and curry she entered the forest, following the crudely drawn map towards her destination. She passed the shredded trees without a speck of hesitation, oblivious to the danger she was putting herself in. Stepping over the literal broken warning sign, ___ finally reached the hundred stone steps that lead to Katsuki's throne.

____ hummed a quiet tune to herself and began the trek upwards. The heavy and dark stone steps and statues were dirty and covered in moss, unkept unlike The Dragon Shrine on the left side of Katsuki's forest. ___ didn't mind, she assumed he liked them that way.

Her legs ached softly and her ratty brown cloak caught on the blooming blackberry vines. Without a thought or care to minuscule scratches on her skin, ___ made it up the hundred steps and to the unwelcoming shrine.

"Whoa...." ____ was amazed at what lie before her. Hulking stones were carved into blocks, some into curls and others into sharp points. They were set into what her village had described as The Throne, but was really an enormous broken wall with a large hole that lead into the ground. Dry moss and dead leaves padded the ground leading into it, darkness swirling and disgusting the true entrance. At her free was a small pedestal, the rocks smooth but covered in the deep green moss that encased everything else.

___ peeked around the edge of the wall to see a massive hill, the mound covered in grass but vacant of any trees. She pursed her lips and gently set the bowl on the pedestal, setting a pair of chopsticks neatly across the top. ___ rocked back on her heels and looked around, but didn't see any sign of the dangerous Kitsune anywhere.

So after another moment of waiting, ___ left the way she came and returned to her small cottage.

The next day, the girls were surprised to see her unharmed.

"What, you pussy out or something?" The blue haired girl snorted, her lavish dress matching her friends.

"Shoulda known she would." The blonde and tall one spoke, her dress just as lavish and expensive as the other.

"No, I went." ___ frowned as she finished whiling down her vendor top. ___ sling the dirty rag over the shoulder of her tattered white t-shirt. "But I didn't see the Kitsune or anything. Just the throne."

"Well that's no fun.." The blonde woman sighed, placing a hand to her cheek.

"I don't believe you actually went." The blue haired girl spurt, head tilted upwards and her face in a bratty expression. "After all, you don't look like you've been in the forest."

"Yeah, you definitely don't look like it." The blonde girl referred to the bloody man that had come out of the same forest a year ago.

"What?" ___ recoiled, confusion on her face. "B-but I did!"