1. i m p o s t e r

a/n, plot summary [click to open]
♡ updates released every three days
♡ story will be completed
enjoy, xoxo lilia

***

When our eyes met, I felt that electricity charge in a way that shouldn't have been possible. In a way that shouldn't exist.

And surely he had felt it too. I could see it on his face, there was no turning back now.

It didn't matter if he had thought I was someone else.

And I couldn't help but wonder: could I have his everything?

Could I be his everything?

— an hour earlier —

"Prosopagnosia. It's a neurological disorder characterized by the inability to recognize faces."

I had been overhearing the receptionists speaking about it for ages now. Usually I wasn't quite the fan of slacking off during work hours, but this particular thread of conversation caught my attention.

"So, he hit is head and damaged his brain?"

"And he can't even recognize his own mother." Julia added. She seemed cruelly happy about the news. "Serves him right."

"I don't think that's a fair statement. No one deserves a disorder like that." I decided to speak up, eyes still on the computer. I googled his name, but there weren't any news that reported him getting the condition. Probably was just a silly rumor.

Julia folded her arms. "Well, obviously you wouldn't side with me because you don't know what a jerk he is. Stay in your lane, newbie."

I pursed my lips. Even if I was a part-timer here, I was never the kind that resorted to sucking up to the others. Sure, I had to work three jobs a day, but no way in hell was I going to be fetching coffee orders and fussing about grande cappuccinos. Most importantly, I was working at Hestia Medical only because of the work experience, plus it looked extra good on my portfolio.

Hestia Medical was a leader in the industry. It propelled to its place in a short span all thanks to their intense research and development community. It was a dream for me to work there, and part-timing as a receptionist for a short while was a mere stepping stone.

Though equally annoyed, Carmen was more of the passive-aggressive type. "You sound like you already know what propagonia is."

"Prosopagnosia." I punctuated every syllable half-mockingly.

I gathered my files and got up. Julia and Carmen really spoke like a bunch of annoyingly chirpy birds. Good for receptionist work, but really bad the rest of the time.

I charmingly greeted the security guard at the lift lobby. "Palace wanted these files. Specifically, the prince." I talked with air quotes.

You see, the Sheldons shot to fame after inventing cures for all types of diseases. In fact, they're the ones closest to finding the cure for cancer. Not only were those billionaires filthy rich, they were freaking famous. Hence, we dub them affectionately as royalty here. And the code name the prince was reserved for none other than the only son of the Chairman, the future heir to this company.

Throughout my shift I would constantly look at their golden elevator longingly. It was on the other side of the security clearance. Not only was there a turnstile, they had a freaking metal detector and X-ray machine. Crazy, I know.