Ch. 5: Moving On Up

Normal POV

Celeste waited in the nurses office with Peter. The nurse had checked her, but they were waiting for her results. "Im sorry this happened to you", Peter said. "Its alright, I've been through worse though", Celeste said. Peter was shocked and got a bit mad. "But..if you were bullied by her before, then why did you let it happen? I tried to help and you didnt let me help", he said. Celeste sighed and looked down. "Im used to the pain. I just didnt want you getting hurt by them. It was me they wanted". "I dont care if I get hurt. You are my friend and I wanna protect you", Peter said. Celeste looked up at him and said no. "No? Celeste come on. If your in pain, I wanna help. Dont push me away". "Im sorry, I just..never had people stick up for me. I was all alone". Peter sighed and grabbed Celeste's hand.

"Hey

"Hey..I know I look weak to you, but I promise you, I am capable of fighting back. I have reflexes that are real fast". Celeste laughed and said, "Im sure you do, says the one who is tripping over a rug". Peter wasnt amused and sighed. "Im serious Celeste! I want you to come to me when your mad or sad. If you need me, then tell me what you are feeling and want. I can help you. I cant also fight my own fights. So if Thomas tries hurting me or you, I will kick his butt! Also I will to Lilith, but..then again..shes a girl and I cant hit girls". Celeste smiled and wrapped her arms around Peter. "You are so sweet you know that?", Celeste said. Peter blushed and coughed. "So..can you count on me?", he asked. Celeste sighed and said fine. Peter smiled and leaned his head on her shoulder. "Alright, good then".

"Alright your test results are back", the nurse says as she comes back into the room. Peter and Celeste part from each other and the nurse says, "It seems you have a little head bump, and you should lay down and rest. Just take it easy. No rough housing and stuff". Celeste nodded and took the sheet from the nurse. The nurse wrote one for Peter and they both headed to their next class. Celeste had class with Lilith and noticed her shaking. She wondered why, but then she realized that Lilith wasnt looking at her. Thomas was sitting a desk behind her and was glaring at Celeste. Celeste looked away and listened to the lecture.

~Timeskip~

After school, Celeste waited for Peter. She sat at the school bench and waited, what seemed like forever. Celeste saw Lilith come out of the school and Thomas was with her. "Its alright, you get to go home now. You are safe now", Thomas said. "D..death..fire...", Lilith mumbled. Celeste looked their way and Lilith saw her. She screamed and hid behind Thomas. "What did you do to her?", Thomas asked in a angry tone. Celeste was confused. "I didnt do anything to her. She almost killed me you dumbo!", Celeste yelled. Thomas got mad and marched up to her and grabbed her by the shirt. "THEN WHY IS SHE SCARED TO DEATH!? YOU DID SOMETHING!". Celeste's eyes widened and wasnt sure what to say. "Leave her alone". Thomas heard a voice and turned to see Sam.

"Sam? Why are you here?", Thomas asked

"Sam? Why are you here?", Thomas asked. "Im here to tell you to leave her alone", Sam said. Thomas glared at him, letting Celeste go. "Are you telling me what to do?", Thomas yelled as he went up to him. "What if I am. Then what are you gonna do?", Sam glared back. Thomas growled and knew he wanted to kill Sam for touching Lilith, but knew she cheated on him too. He looked back at a scared Lilith and scoffed. "Whatever...". Thomas grabbed Lilith and they walked away. Celeste was shocked at how easy Sam took care of him. "Thank you", she smiled. "Anytime", he said. They both got silent, they were gonna leave their seperate ways, when Sam asked if he could walk her home. "Oh..um..I need to go shopping actually. I ran out of food", Celeste said. Sam smiled and said he could drive her. Celeste's eyes lit up and asked when he got a car. "I got it a while ago. As a gift from my father". "Nice". Celeste basically forgot about Peter and went off with Sam to the store. Celeste got what she needed and realized if she was gonna need money, she needed a job. She went to a small diner and offered to be a dishwasher or waitress. Those where the only offers and they said she could start soon after school as a waitress. Celeste was happy and thanked them. She got the information she needed and left.

"So..why did you need a job?", Sam asked. "I need to make money to buy food", she said. "Then why doesnt your mother do the job?", Sam asked. Celeste looked down and sighed. "Well..she is out of town actually. So im living on my own as of right now". Sam was shocked and asked why her mom left. "She had a business offer out of town. She thought since im almost an adult, I can take care of myself", Celeste lied. Sam felt bad for her. She knew Celeste's dad died and now knowing her mom is gone, it seemed real hard for her. Plus with all the bullying, he thought Celeste needed space and a better life. He smiled and asked when her birthday is. "Uh..its in three months. May 3rd, why?", she asked. "Just wanted to know", he said. Sam dropped Celeste off and helped her bring the bags in. Sam set the bags on the table and Celeste began putting the groceries away. "So..I'll see you at school tomorrow", Sam said. "Alright", Celeste said. Sam left and as he did, he saw Peter coming outside. "What are you doing here?", Peter asked. "I went shopping with Celeste. I just brought her home", he said. Peter seemed sad, since she never told him before. "Oh..alright. Well, I'll see you tomorrow", Peter waved. Sam nodded and got back in his car and headed home. Peter watched and instantly headed into Celeste's house. She was shocked and Peter asked where she was. "Sorry, Thomas tried starting a fight with me, but Sam helped me. Then he drove me to the store for dinner". Peter felt a bit jealous. Sam helping her? He basically protected her. Peter told her he would help, but...Sam was stronger! "Peter, if you like you can have dinner with me", Celeste said. Peter snapped out of it and instantly forgave her. "Alright, i'll ask my aunt and uncle", he said as he ran home. Celeste smiled and put her work agenda on the fridge. She circled when to work and the date of her parents wedding.