|| ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴀᴍᴇ

Third Person Viewing

"Alright, were here at the Ashikaga Residence..." Ann exclaimed, her eyes widening at the sight of the house. "It's.... Huge!"

"It is an Ashikaga residence, Ann." Makoto explained. "They're a well known detective-prosecuter couple who make a lot for a living. Makes perfect sense."

"It has such a grande exterior." Yusuke stated, admiring the beautiful white house. Despite it being a small bungalow; it was big. "They have good taste."

"Hey, stay focused. We're here to see if (Y/N) owns a palace, remember?." A cat came out of Akira's bag. It was Morgana.

"You can't deny how rad this house is, though!" Ryuji looked at the flowerbed by the gate. It had a mix of red and white roses, some were pink due to it being an incomplete dominance.

"Pretty roses! They must take care of these really well; they look beautiful!" Ann said as she inhaled the sweet scent of the roses. "So refreshing~"

"Guys! Lets stay focused, shall we?" Makoto reminded. "We can't stay here for too long. (Y/N) will be back from her work."

"We got a hit for Ashikaga, (Y/N), Akira?" Ryuji asked Akira, whom seemed troubled.

"I don't think (Y/N) would even have on—" Makoto was interrupted by a voice from the Meta-Nav.

"Canditate Found."

Everyone immediately went alert. All eyes were focused on the phone Akira held.

"She's got one!" Ryuji exclaimed, looking at the phone. "All we need are the keywords."

"What could her keywords be...?" Ann began to wonder as Ryuji and Akira began to guess possible keyboards to get into (Y/N)'s palace. "She doesn't seem like the type who would have one."

"..." Makoto mumbled. "Then again, I'm not surprised. She changed so quickly." Morgana looked at her in sympathy.

"Having a palace doesn't necessarily make you evil." Morgana explained. Makoto's eyes diverted to the black cat. "A palace is formed by distorted and corrupt thought. Its not limited to people who are evil."

"... Ah. I see. She could be just grieving over losing her parents." Makoto thought. She couldn't think of her friend being distorted. As much as (Y/N) changed over the year, she was still her friend. A friend who shared the same interests as her. A friend who can understand her. A friend who doesn't judge her.

"You really care about (Y/N), don't you?" Morgana asks. Makoto nods as a response. "(Y/N) is a sweet girl. She may seem cold on the outside, but she is such a sweetheart." She sighed.

"If only she wasn't too serious about extracting revenge... She's almost like..."

"What did happen?" Yusuke asks. "I know her parents died, but how?"

Makoto refused to speak for a moment before answering Yusuke's question. "Her parents died in a car accident." Everyone looked at Makoto, listening on what she had to say. "She believes that mental shutdowns is the reason why her parents died."

"Why would she think of that?" Ryuji asked.

"That part I don't know... She never told me..." Makoto sighed. "She said she'll tell me in due time. I highly doubt it though."