||ꜱᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ, ɪɴᴅᴇᴇᴅ

(Y/N)'s Viewing

"Welcome to the velvet room."

"I apologize but... Velvet room?" I repeated. I shook my head and gave a laugh. "This is a dream, right?"

"Yes. The you in reality is fast asleep, inmate. You are indeed in a dream." The warden with the soft voice spoke.

"Oh, I see... This is a dream." I sighed in relief. If I suddenly woke up here, I would've thought that I was arrested for stealing evidence of the mental shutdowns. Guess not.

"Our master wants a word with you. Stand up straight! " The other one retorted as I scoffed. I stood up straight as I looked at the old man in the eyes.

"I am pleased to make your accquaintance, (Y/N)." The bizarre man continued, the chilling deep voice making the hairs on my skin rise. I cannot get used to that, somehow.

"I apologize for asking but... What exactly is this room?" I asked, curious.

"This is the room that exists between dream and reality... Mind and matter..." The voice echoed into my head like a song. "I am Igor, the master of this place. Remember it well."

"Why am I here?" I asked again, even more curious. The bar door clanged again.

"Stop asking such ridiculous questions, Inmate! Let our master speak!" The tsundere warden scoffed, shaking her head in disbelief.

"This is a room where those bound by a 'contract' can enter." Igor continued. "However, you are a very special exception."

"Contract, what exactly do you mean by that?" I questioned. I never signed any contract.

"Shadows are the manifestation of a person's distorted desire." Igor smiled as I tilted my head a little. That didn't really answer my question... "Those who wield the control over their own shadow are called Personas. When they do, they are bound by a contract."

I was absolutely uninterested in the topic until I heard something that got my attentionm

"Shadows reside in what they call 'The Metaverse'... A cognitive alternate world." Igor cooed as he let out a deep laugh. Good lord, he sounds so intimidating... I can't get over it.

"Cognitive world??" I asked, a little too eagerly.

"We've heard that you've been quite observant for a while, inmate." The girl in braids soothed. "Its quite competent of you inmate, I got to admit." The girl with buns gave a little smile. She seemed a little nicer, at least.

"So... Why did you call me here? I don't have those contracts with what do you call them..? Personas?" I asked again as I rubbed the back of my neck. I was so confused on why I was here.

"You are very special, Dear (Y/N)." Igor smiled proudly, locking my eyes with his. "You are the first to learn of the metaverse in such a young age with the use of your good detective skills... Along with another persona user." I felt triumph. So Wakaba's research was real. How interesting. What was even more compelling was another person was able to discover it.

"Who is that?" I asked, curious.

"I'm afraid I cannot give you information on them for it is your job to find out." He said which challenged me.