||ᴜɴᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ

Kaede's Point of View

"Mother! Mother! Are you really okay with me being a defense attorney?" I asked mother, worrying about her response.

The woman laughed as she stroked the light locks of my hair and nodded as a response. "It doesn't matter if you're a prosecutor or a defense attorney,  dear. It's about finding justice. Righteousness." She bopped the tip of my little delicate nose as my curious (E/C) irises blinked in confusion.

"Wh-Whats Jawstece?" I repeated, unsure of what it meant. The woman laughed as she shook her head. I looked at her, curious onto what she had to say. Despite being a prosecutor, she loved to talk about how the court works with me since (Y/N)-Nee is going to be a detective just like papa.

"Justice is... Something... " My mother tapped her chin as sh thought. I stared at her as she began to think. I didn't know juicestes is hard to interpret.

"Imagine ifomeone lied about something. " Mother explained. "The feel to correct her wrong that was made right is justice!" I nodded my head. So Justice is the sense to correct a wrong? To have equality? To be fair? I understood.

But...

"But what if I can't find justice?" I asked again, as I looked down in disbelief. I doubt such a thing is possible. My mother looked at me with worry. This isn't how a child normally acted. I felt someone wrap their arms around me. They felt smaller than my mom's slim arms. I looked a little to see my older sister, (Y/N) with a huge grin on her face.

"Don't worry, Kaede! (Y/N)-nee is going to help you!" (Y/N) smiled, ruffling my hair. "I will protect and help you always! That's a promise!"

My eyes lit up as I hugged her back. She squeezed me as she laughed. My mother joined in as we all fell down on the floor, our sides hurting from laughing.

"Kaede will be the best defense attorney ever!" (Y/N) squealed loudly as we all laughed harder.

Justice. Righteousness. 

Best defense attorney...

"I'll do my best, (Y/N)-nee!"

"Kae-chan? Are you okay?" Miss Kawakami patted my back gently as I flinched. I looked at her eyes. Was I lost in my thoughts again? I nodded as a response and gave out a weak smile.

"Kaede, you don't seem okay. Is something the matter dear?" Miss Kawakami consoled, her soft voice reminding me of my mother's. Despite her being a second year teacher, she and I were surprisingly close. I shook my head, not wanting her to worry. I didn't want her to know about the incident with Kamoshida.

"I'm fine, sensei." I bowed. Why do I feel like fainting? I felt so drowsy and a student mentioned I looked paler than usual. 

"Are you sure, Kaede?" She asked again. I looked at her to see my mother. She acts so much like her for some reason. I repressed the urge to cry as I nodded. "Yes, I'm just having a little hard time with class."

Kawakami smiled as she patted my head. "You're a smart girl, Kaede-chan. You can do it." She soothed. It's something mom would've said too. "Thank you. " I nodded as I looked at the papers she held. They have fallen to the ground.

"Ah! My mistake-" Miss Kawakami knelt down and started to pick up the papers on the ground. I eagerly helped her and volunteered to bring them to her office. She was reluctant at first since the lunch break was ending, but I told her that I would be fine. After a little more persuading, she gave in and let me go to to the teacher's faculty room.