Chapter 3: First Fights

I walked into the room and fixed my hair. I removed the special suit that I have to wear for the outside so I don't get infected again. I hung the suit in the closet and searched for the cafeteria or anyplace to eat. Apparently, I stumbled in Mae's lab.
"Asher? What are doing here?" Mae asked.
"I'm sorry, Mae. I was trying to find the snack place or where you eat," I said scratching my head.
"Oh, I'll show you where it is," Mae offered. We got to know each other while Mae kinda gave me the tour of the west wing.
"Um, do you actually like Blake?" I asked.
Mae looked at me. "You know what, tell you this. Try to be nice to him. He'll really be nice if you get to know him. He doesn't like newbies that much but if you prove that you're awesome, he'll definitely like you more," Mae told me.
"Thanks Mae," I smiled.
"Scrappy!" Someone yelled.
"Oh I gotta go," I moaned.
"And by the way, if he likes you, he might let you change your code name," Mae winked. I smiled and ran off. I went in the 'bedroom' and got back in my suit. CB was standing in the hallway scowling. He gripped me by the shoulders.
"Meagan, Finn, and Nathan are waiting for you!! They said that you went inside to grab something and you haven't been back for 15 minutes!!!!" He yells.
"Sorry Commander Blake," I mumbled and ran outside, reloading my gun. Meagan glared at me.
"Let's get going, I'm ready to kill some zombies!" Meagan laughs. Nathan shudders and they both go forward leading the group, Finn and I hang back.
"I don't wanna do this," Finn says kicking a pebble. His eyes dart from Meagan and to Nathan. He frowns and flings a pebble, almost hitting Nathan. I hit him, not hard, but hard enough to get him to stare at me. I shake my head and run up next to Nathan. Finally we're all the way down the hill and in front of us is an old broken down city.
"Alrighty, me and NightBone will patrol to the East, and Black Panther and Scrappy will patrol to the West," Meagan says splitting up with us. Finn leads the way, he doesn't even look a little scared, he looks back at me once or twice to make sure I'm okay. All of a sudden we hit a dead end, it looks fairly familiar . . . We turn around and I gasp. Three zombies were behind us, two more were on their way. I pull out my gun.
"FINN GET YOUR GUN OUT NOW!!!" I yell. Finn looks flustered and searches through his backpack.
"IT'S NOT IN HERE!!" He yells panicking. I put my finger on the trigger and as they get closer I look away and fire, but nothing comes out.
"I HAVE NO AMNO!! IT'S NOT IN MY BAG!" I scream. Finn looks at me with fear in his eyes. Maybe I could get Finn to stand by the wall and jump on him and escape, NO! That'll be betraying Othdoan! I look forward and I grasp Finn's arm.
"HELPPPP!!" Finn screams, I've never heard him scream that loud. I was shocked. We were now cornered by six zombies. All of a sudden in a flash someone appeared and they started kicking the zombies out of the way and he shot some of them too.
One zombie came up behind him and knocked him to the ground, his gun was scattered away. He fought the zombie with all his might and I still couldn't tell who he was until his whole body froze, a zombie bit into his neck. Jasper!!
"Jasper!" I yelled pushing the zombie away from him. I motioned Finn to come over. Jasper was laying on his side, a little river of blood was from his neck where the zombie had bit him. His eyes were closed shut.
"F-Finn! Help me bring him back to Othdoan! We need to bring him to Mae!" I yelled panicked.