Chapter 2

~Austin’s POV~

I stared at the top of my bunk and realized I wasn’t going to sleep anytime soon. I looked at the clock and saw it was pretty late. I let out a sigh and remembered that I had to go take my heart medication. I got out of bed and fumbled around in the dark. I found my bottle of pills and heard someone else get up. I stood still at the sink when I felt them bump into me.

“S…sorry, man.” I heard Alan mumble.

“Alan, are you okay?” I asked, he sounded out of it. He didn’t answer and I continued. “It’s like 2:30 in the morning what are you doing up?”

“None of your business.” He said quickly and moved around me to the sink. I blocked his way, wanting him to talk to me instead of just ignoring my existence. “Austin. Move.” He told me.

“Not until you tell me what you’re doing up.” I said simply.

“I could ask you the same thing.” He shot back.

“I was getting a drink of water and taking my medication.” I mumbled.

“Okay.”

“And what are you doing?”

“For your information I fell asleep on my hand so I need to get the blood running.” He shoved his way past me and turned on the hot water. He let out a small squeak and I turned on the cold water too, in silence. “Thanks.” He mumbled.

“Why have you been ignoring me?” I asked quickly

“I’m not.” He said. I let out an aggravated sigh and rolled my eyes.

“Yes, you are.”

“I don’t think I am...” I smashed the cup down on the table.

“Yes you are, and you and Justin are always flirting around me, you don’t talk to me, and you get fidgety all the time.” I hissed.

“You know damn well why I get like that!” He protested.

“Alan Anthony Ashby, you have no right to be mad…

“I have all the fucking right!” He shouted at me. I leaned even closer to him that I already was.

“Then why do you still love me?” I asked.

“I love Justin!”

“Sure you do.” I whispered and pressed my lips against his. I felt that familiar spark flicker inside of me again; I knew I still loved Alan. He shoved me off of him and looked at me with wide eyes.

“What are you doing to my boyfriend!?” Justin demanded.

“Justin...” I began but he wouldn’t let me.

“Save it Carlile. Step away from Alan and I won’t punch your face in.” Alan ran over to Justin and looked back at me with… well it wasn’t hatred… but it certainly wasn’t love. “Don’t. Touch. Him. Ever. Got it?” Justin snarled and turned away with Alan. I felt my eyes begin to water and I bit my bottom lip. I knew I was too late, why did I have to be such an idiot? Alan looked back at me with a guilty look. I quickly took my medication and went back to my bunk. I fell face first in my pillow and let out a loud groan. Why did this have to happen to me, I thought we were fine, I guess not. I knew Justin was a bad idea, I fucking knew it. Aaron was doing just fine, but no, let’s bring in Justin. I sighed and eventually fell asleep.

**

“Justin, stop it, I have to make breakfast.” Alan laughed.

“You don’t have to do anything but be adorable.” He replied. Great. So I had to wake up like this? Just wonderful. I opened up the curtain and I looked out and saw Alan making pancakes and Justin’s arms were wrapped around Alan’s waist. Nope, not going to wake up yet. I shut the curtain and rolled over and went back to sleep.

**

“But what are we going to do about Austin?” I heard Phil ask.

“What do you mean?” Alan wondered.

“Have you seen Austin all day? It’s 4 in the afternoon, what’s going on with him.” Holy shit, it was four? I let out a small sigh and looked up at Tino’s bunk above me.

“So? I don’t know what he’s been doing, I haven’t seen him.” Alan replied.

“Dude, he’s been in his bunk for a really long time.” Phil said.

“Wait.. he never left? What the hell has he been doing!?”

“I don’t know, sleeping I guess. Look, Are you going to go to the club tonight with Tino, Justin and I?” He wondered.

“No, I’m not really in the partying mood, I’ll stay here and watch some movies or something.”

“Alright, suit yourself.” I heard Phil walk out the door and then the bus was quiet.

“Austin?” I heard Alan’s voice just outside my bunk. I stayed quiet and rolled over, shutting my eyes. I heard him open the curtain and he let out a long sigh. “Austin? Are you okay?” He shook me a little and I chose to ignore him. If he wanted to ignore me then who cares about me talking to him. “Austin? AUSTIN!” Worry was clear in his voice, but why would he be worried, he clearly didn’t care anymore. I felt his hands on my face and reluctantly opened my eyes. I instantly regretted it because I saw his beautiful brown eyes looking down at me.

“What?” I asked quietly.

“What’s wrong?” He wondered.

“Nothing, go away.” I said. He looked a little hurt and then he pursed his lips.

“But I don’t want to.”

“Well I want you too.” I grumbled and got out of my bed and walked past him. I walked into the front lounge and sat on the couch. I turned the TV on and tried to keep my attention on it.

“Austin…

“Oh, so now you want to talk? Well maybe I’m not in the mood anymore.” I grumbled. He sighed and sat down across from me and shook his head. He took out his phone and started texting someone, probably Justin. I glanced over at him and he looked conflicted. I shrugged it off, looking at the show, knowing I would keep glancing at him and never being able to look away.