ii

CHAPTER TWO

「present day」

the days became blurred after a while. my hope for someone to adopt me was starting to deteriorate.

i was right when i said that i wouldn't be adopted, it's been five years already, just three more to go.

i had recently been creeping onto my birth givers instagram, come to find out she has a whole new family. one that started only a short period of time after i was left here.

she could raise me, i guess she just wanted everything connected to my dad gone.

my orphanage wasn't the worst, but it wasn't the best either. they had whole months dedicated to adoption. of course, since i was and still am on the older side of kids, no one wants to adopt us.

it's because we have pretty much grown up, and there's nothing to teach us, such as our first words or steps.

most of us have came to terms that we probably won't ever get adopted, and are going to have to find our own place to live once we turn eighteen.

the building was split into three different areas.

the baby wing, was one. the walls were painted with bright colors. there was always more people in that area, especially when it was adoption month.

the children wing, was another the walls were painted a light tan color, bland. this was another popular area. many of the children would be adopted with babies and forced to become siblings but i don't think they minded.

the teen wing, was my wing. the wall were a light gray, but they used to be dark blue, which was really depressing. this area wasn't very popular, unless there was just some people that would want to do a "good deed" or were too busy to actually look after a child.

when i turned thirteen, i started giving up hope slowly.

once i turned fourteen, i was moved to the teen wing and that's when i really stopped caring about if i would get adopted or not.

every other week, the children wing would have a set of chores to do.

the teen wing, took on the weeks inbetween.

we were all in homeschooling which was super lame, because we never learned anything important.

i wasn't excited about the next week to come, it was the first of the month. that meant it was adoption month once again.

time to be disappointed even more.