vii

CHAPTER SEVEN

「present day : saturday」

the next morning rolled around quickly.

i didn't sleep that much, if even at all. i was too excited. i took the night to get myself prepared and presentable. i kept wondering who was finally adopting me.

by eight in the morning i was downstairs and in the office. i waited for at least twenty minutes, and not going to lie, i was starting to give up hope again.

the man that talked to me before walked into the office. he looked at me and smiled before going to talk to mary, who now took the spot of nancy.

"ready to go?" he asked, taking my two bags i packed.

"yes," i smiled.

we walked out of the orphanage, it was surreal. i would most likely never be back here. i took one last look, to turn around and see a limousine.

the man was putting my bags into the trunk. he walked around to the back door and opened it.

a little confused, i got in. he got into the driver seat and put on one of those personal driver hats.

"where are we going?" i asked, "especially in this car?"

"to your new home, so you can meet your new parents," he smiled.

"so, you're not my new parent?"

"no," he said and started driving.

i left him alone to drive. a million thoughts were going through my head.

then it hit me, i hadn't really been out in the world since i was ten.