x

CHAPTER TEN

「monday」

it was my first day of public school, since i was ten. i was nervous so i made sure i took my medication, it didn't really calm me though.

i told dylan to meet me in the front of the school.

smithers took me to school in a range rover, since i told him a limo might be too much. legit, who have i become?

when we pulled up, there was dylan sitting on the steps. i honestly thought we wouldn't see each other again, but here we are.

"hi, i missed you!" i said while running up to dylan and hugging him.

"i missed you too bestie!" i giggled when he said bestie. we sounded like those kids who hadn't seen their friend all summer.

we locked arms and walked into school. we got some stares but we didn't mind. we had gone through a lot so public school wasn't that big of a deal. i was still a little nervous, but it got better once dylan was by my side.

in my first period, i got partnered up with a boy named daniel who was in the same grade as me. we instantly became friends once we realized that we had a lot in common.

at lunch, daniel introduced dylan and i to most of his friends. taylor, william, joshua, and alison.

by the time the day ended dylan and i were already invited to a party on friday. we were the new talk of the school, and most people seemed to love us.

dylan and i walked out of the building. we had decided to hang out today. smithers was right on time with the car.

we got into the back of the range rover and started our drive to my new home.

dylan and i spent the day watching movies and exploring my new house. he ending up deciding to spend the night, so we made a fort and tried to redo some of the things we had missed out on, since we never really got to do childhood things at the orphanage.