Chapter 1

When I got home, I was so very confused. What did I just witness? When I left, Allie and Will had been in charge and for that I had been very grateful. They had done a pretty good job at rationing, setting up the jobs, the guard, the Comittee on going home and general new living environment. It just didn't make sense to me that they would wanna manipulate an election that they had set up themselves! I knew something wasn't right, and deep down in my gut I knew who was responsible for all this mess: Campbell Elliott.

Exhausted from the trip and the troubles of the day I decided to take a shower. My mom had always told me to "rinse all the negative thoughts off" when I had had  a bad day. And honestly, I'd had some pretty rough months.
After I turned the water off, I put a old t-shirt and gym shorts on, brushed my teeth and went straight to bed. It wasn't even 5.00 pm yet and I knew I would miss dinner,but I was just so, so tired. Before I could even cover my body with the bed sheets I fell into a restless sleep.

When I woke up it was dark. I was still sleepy, but something had woken me up. Yawning, I groped for my phone, only to touch a warm body. I startled up, but then immediately calmed down when I realized it was Sam. Sam Elliot.

I turned the light on. "I am so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." he apologized & by his expression I could tell he meant it. The fear in his eyes that he'd upset me once again. "How long have you been in here?", I asked him. He pulled out his phone -, it was 1.51am, past curfew, - "Since eleven, I think. I wanted to check up on you and see you before curfew ended, but you were asleep and I didn't wanna..." he concurrently signed and explained, but I interrupted him. "You could have done that tomorrow, you know? Not in my bedroom and with both of us awake."
I hated to be rude, but I was still hurt that he did not tell me about his baby. Eden had been born a couple days ago, and from what I could tell from pictures she was the cutest thing. She had Beccas hair color--and that typical Elliot headshape.
"I'm sorry," he signed. How well I'd gotten to know the signs for this phrase. "I wanted to bring you food, since you weren't at dinner. I'm sorry. I'm gonna go," he mumbled,laid down a bagel and an apple on the night desk and stood up. Now I was sorry. Even though I didn't like the idea of being stared at in my sleep, Sam had had good intentions coming to visit me. He cared about and for me, and instead of being grumpy and unforgiving I should be thankful he was here. Because I cared about him too. So much.

I sat up. "No, no. I am sorry. Thank you for the food.Thank you for checking up on me. I don't want to get you in trouble for being outside after curfew. You're more than welcome to stay. Really, stay," I rambled really, really fast and I could tell that he hadn't been able to catch up with lip reading. I took a deep breath." I am sorry. Thank you. Stay with me? Please? "I repeated myself, slower this time. He smiled, and nodded.

chapter 1, I hope you like it 💞 this plays after the season 1 finale!!