Chapter 6

Campbell is gonna be the absolute butthole he is in this, discriminating against women etc, just tryna warn you! There will be some cursing, but not excessive. Enjoy ❣️
P.o.V Campbell

A few days had passed since I'd taken the power. Elle woke me up, she was hecticly going through all of the clothes that were hanging on the rack of the closet. "What the heck do you think you're doing?" I asked her. Immediately, she turned around. The ballerina had dark circles under her eyes, for some reason she didn't really sleep anymore at night. Didn't she know she was safe with me? Being with me was the safest place for her to be right now. God knew what kind of people were running around this town.
She put a smile on her face, it didn't quite reach her eyes though.
"Good morning, Honey. I thought since you and Harry were giving back what's rightfully theirs to the people, it would be time for me to, you know take back my house. Move back" she explained, trying to appear calm but I noticed a weird undertone. "Why would you wanna move out? What's mine is yours. This is your home now" I yawned, getting out of bed and walking towards her. She took a step back.
Submissive.
"I just wanna give you some space, babe. To hang with the boys, do politics you know" she answered. I shook my head. "I don't need space, you don't bother me. That's really sweet of you though" I told her, thinking that would close the conversation.

"I mean, we aren't really married. Now that we get the chance, we should have separate beds and homes again don't you think!?" she replied, looking down at her hands. I put my hand on the back of her head, forcing her to look at me. "Why do you care now? It's not like Harry and Lexi are mayor since yesterday" I asked, slowly but surely getting annoyed. I wanted her to be with me, she was safe with me.
She wrapped a hand around my arms, trying to loosen my grip of her head and simultaneously comfort me. Elle's hand was shaking,but she smiled. Why was she always smiling?
"Baby, we don't want any babys that are born outside of marriage. Do we?" she muttered, still keeping up the corners of her mouth.

I let go of her and stepped towards the windows, drawing the curtain to the sides. Becca and Kelly were taking a walk on the sidewalk, laughing. Kelly was pushing the stroller whilst Becca was wildly gesturing, telling a story. Since she was used to sign to my  brother, that girl had gotten into a habit of  sometimes signing to people that hear as well.
It seemed like she was talking about sleepless nights and Sam's attempts at changing diapers.
I turned around to Elle and sat down on the windowsill, she was still standing right there. "You have a problem with bastards? Want me to take care of my niece? I'd be happy to do so" I suggested.
I would. That actually wasn't the worst idea. We had enough useless and hungry mouths in this town. That child wouldn't be of use for a long time.  Elle hurried to respond, :"Oh, no no no Campbell that's fine! Eden does not bother me. It was stupid of me to say that. Who cares? I should stay with you. I really should"
I tilted my head. "you sure? sounded really different a minute ago", I answered, agitated. "Yeah, I am sure. Absolutely sure. 100%. Want me to make you some breakfast?" she changed the topic. Turning around to the window again, those two whores were almost out of my sight.
I would take care of it eventually, but right now wasn't the right time. "Make me some pancakes.  And unpack those damn clothes", I commanded. Elle muttered something around the lines of yes, glad to, & left the room, leaving me to my thoughts.

Different insight of the story, stay tuned, hehe